​​​​New to the CBE​

CBE's registration process has changed. To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

Here you can find:

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process: please see our Non-Canadian Students page​ for details.​

How to Register

Transferring Between CBE Schools

At the CBE, when you are transitioning from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find out what your designated school is, use our Find a School tool. 

If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit our Transferring Between CBE Schools page for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests. 

Henry Wise Wood High School

Communities Designated to HWW:  Link Here

When to Register and Process

2021-22 School Year

Families who have moved in area and need to register their student for second semester, please contact our office at 403-253-2261 to obtain a paper copy for registration

*NEW* Process for 2022-23 School Year

The CBE is moving towards an online registration system called "School Engage" for the 2022-23 school year

  • Registration for the regular program opens Jan. 17, 2022. with applications/transfers due March 15, 2022.
  • IB registration will not begin till Feb. 1, 2022 with Expression of Interest Form and transfers due March 15, 2022.
  • High school transfer process opens Feb. 1 and closes March 15 for the following school year. 

If we can do anything to support your transition to Henry Wise Wood High School, please contact the main office at 403-253-2261

*NEW* Courses 2022-2023

To help you select the complimentary and core courses that best suit your interests please review the following and enter your selections on your course request form. You can visit the programs page of the schools website for overviews and course descriptions.

International Baccalaureate Registration

For registration information and forms see How to Register > International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme page.

Fourth-Year Applications

If you are a returning Grade 12 please complete this application form

Students are expected to complete high school within three years. Information on Finish School Your Way - on occasion fourth-year applications are received and may be considered. Fourth-year applications should be discussed with a guidance counsellor and an assistant principal, and will be accepted or denied by the principal. The decision to approve or deny a fourth-year application is guided by CBE Administrative Regulation 6093—Fourth Year of High School. All fourth-year approvals are on a semester-by-semester basis.


Last modified on

All Grade 11 and 12s interested in volleyball, the tryouts start Monday August 29th at 3:30 in the main gym. If you are on time...you are late #wisewoodwarriors #volleyball #hww https://t.co/ptfFTm110j

Just posted a photo @ Henry Wise Wood Senior High School https://t.co/9KtCfJjWv0

Just posted a photo @ Henry Wise Wood Senior High School https://t.co/F0MowAeuCG

Just posted a photo @ Treaty 7 Territory https://t.co/v6BUMJA8Nb

Wishing all our Warrior Fathers a wonderful day!! #HWWwarriorfamily