Families that have not yet Registered their Student for 2020-2021
At this time, Henry Wise Wood administration requests that families email their registration to the school: email@example.com.
Registration Package 2020-2021
Regular Program registration began January 15, 2020 with applications/transfers due March 16, 2020. If we can do anything to support your transition to our school, please contact the main office.
Download the following forms including the Henry Wise Wood Checklist.
During the COVID-19 pandemic families must email their registration to the school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Selection Forms
To help you select the complimentary and core courses that best suit your interests please download the following course forms.
International Baccalaureate Registration
Grade 9 students interested in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, please complete and submit your registration package as per the checklist below to your designated IB school.
- Henry Wise Wood Checklist - registration will begin December 2020 - stay tuned for updates.
Please submit all of the below to your designated school offering the IB Programme on or before January 15. Do NOT submit duplicate registration packages to other schools offering IB.
- 2021-2022 IB Registration Checklist (coming soon)
- Expression of Interest: Deadline January 15, 2021 at 4PM
- Transfer Request: **please complete if you are requesting to come here from another CBE school. FAQs
- Student Registration Form ** please complete if you are not currently attending a CBE school
- More information and FAQs about IB on the CBE site.
- More information about IB courses and fees is available on this site.
- Please email Mr. Scott Garen (IB Coordinator) for questions or concerns.
- IB Registration Booklet 2021-2022 (coming soon)
Continuing Grade 12s
Students who are admitted to high school programs of studies are expected, in most cases, to complete their high school education in six semesters over three years. Grade 12 students in 2020-21 who are in need of one or two additional semesters to complete their programs, are encouraged to speak with their Assistant Principal early in the school year. The deadline for students to apply for a fourth year of high school will be Mid-February.
To help you register for courses and apply to return please use the following forms.
- Continuing Grade 12 Registration Application (coming Spring 2021)
- Registration Deadline for students to apply for a fourth year of high school will be end of April 2021
- Administrative Regulation 6093 | Fourth Year of High School
- Each registration will be reviewed by our administrative and student services staff. All registration will be contacted by the end of June, therefore students should have a plan B should they not be accepted to return for forth year.
Additional Registration Information
Chinook Learning or CBe-learn
- Students who fail a core subject may receive a teacher recommendation to move to a lower level course at the next grade level. Retroactive credits will be granted when students pass the next course.
- Students at our school are allowed to repeat a failed course. Priority is given to students completing courses for the first time or to students graduating.
- Students may register for one summer school course at Chinook Learning or CBe-learn.
- Students who wish to upgrade a mark in a passed course will be directed to Chinook Learning or CBe-learn.
- Course Challenge: this is a formal process established by Alberta Learning and the Calgary Board of Education (Administrative Regulation 6021 | Course Challenge). Information is available from each course Learning Leader, Assistant Principal and Counsellor.