CBe-Learn Summer School Registration
As the COVID-19 pandemic is
expected to continue, summer school
courses will only be offered online this
summer. There will be no in-class offering of courses. Please read
the following and if you are planning to request a summer school course,
complete the form using the link below.
We anticipate that the requests for taking an online summer school course to be high, so guidance counsellors would like to gather that information ahead of time. We are asking that students complete their information in the link at the bottom of this message before April 30 if they want to sign up for an online summer school course.
- Grade 12 core courses will not be offered (ie 30 level ELA, Social Studies, Science and Math), with the exception of Math 31. If a student requires a 30 level core course, please contact your guidance counsellor to discuss alternative online summer school options available within the province.
- All online summer school courses will run in a 7 week format, starting June 11 and ending July 27, 2020.
- There will be no summer school fees for CBE students. Textbooks will be available online.
- Fees will apply for international students ($690 for 3 credit course. $1150 for 5 credit course).
- There will be a limited number of spaces for summer school.
- Student may only register for one summer school course.
- For a complete list of courses being offered please click this link http://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/cbe-learn/teaching-learning/program-approach/summer/pages/summer-school-courses.aspx
As CBe-learn has set a capacity for the number of students each school can enrol, summer school is not guaranteed. Your counsellor will email you once you have been registered (after May 1) and if there are any issues you will be notified.
The following priorities will be considered in determining requests:
- Courses required stay on track for graduation.
- Retaking of a course a student may have been unsuccessful in.
- Previous enrolment in the course (upgrading a previous course mark).
- Upgrading from a -2 to -1 course level.
- Students who wish to take a course to accelerate their studies will be considered as low priority.
Complete your information in the following link before April 30, 2020:
Summer School Course Request Form