CBe-Learn Summer School Registration
As the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to continue, summer school courses will only be offered online this summer. There will be no in-class offering of courses. Please read the following and if you are planning to request a summer school course, complete the form using the link below.
We anticipate that the requests for taking an online summer school course to be high, so guidance counsellors would like to gather that information ahead of time. We are asking that students complete their information in the link at the bottom of this message before April 30 if they want to sign up for an online summer school course.
- Grade 12 core courses will not be offered (ie 30 level ELA, Social Studies, Science and Math), with the exception of Math 31. If a student requires a 30 level core course, please contact your guidance counsellor to discuss alternative online summer school options available within the province.
- All online summer school courses will run in a 7 week format, starting June 11 and ending July 27, 2020.
- There will be no summer school fees for CBE students. Textbooks will be available online.
- Fees will apply for international students ($690 for 3 credit course. $1150 for 5 credit course).
- There will be a limited number of spaces for summer school.
- Student may only register for one summer school course.
- For a complete list of courses being offered please click this link http://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/cbe-learn/teaching-learning/program-approach/summer/pages/summer-school-courses.aspx
As CBe-learn has set a capacity for the number of students each school can enrol, summer school is not guaranteed. Your counsellor will email you once you have been registered (after May 1) and if there are any issues you will be notified.
The following priorities will be considered in determining requests:
- Courses required stay on track for graduation.
- Retaking of a course a student may have been unsuccessful in.
- Previous enrolment in the course (upgrading a previous course mark).
- Upgrading from a -2 to -1 course level.
- Students who wish to take a course to accelerate their studies will be considered as low priority.
Complete your information in the following link before April 30, 2020:
We offer summer school through Chinook Learning Services. Summer school classes fill up quickly, so register early to avoid disappointment.
Provincial Diploma Exams usually occur during the first two weeks of August. Schedules are subject to change by Alberta Education at any time. For up-to-date information visit the Alberta Education webpage.
Visit our summer school programming page on the CBE website to learn more.
- REMINDER: Textbooks for summer school are not provided by your high school. You must contact CBe-learn or Chinook Learning to obtain books and material.
Online Learning at CBe-learn
CBe-learn offers a variety of online high school core and complementary courses during the summer. Online learning allows you the flexibly to take one summer school course to help you catch up, keep up, or get ahead.