GRADUATION CEREMONY & BANQUET CANCELLED
More information to come on the informal gathering
for the graduating class of 2020
Letter from Principal Howell
As of May 26, 2020
Original Grad Day - Grade 12 teachers will not be “hosting” formal lessons on this day. Instead, teachers are asking the grads to take a moment to reflect on high school and celebrate by making a submission for the grad video. Parents/guardians please encourage your graduates to participate in this unique opportunity. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the following video link for ideas of example submissions.
Grad in a Bag
Distributed with yearbooks:
Week of June 23-25
1. Grad portfolio and certificate
2. Grad hats and tassels
3. Grad keepsake
4. Graduation Yearbook
PICK UP SCHEDULE
Released Friday, June 19 at 7:00 pm
Distribution details on the video are being finalized.
Order to be finalized:
1. Acknowledgement of the Land: Miss Talita Manywounds
2. Principal Message: Mrs. Michelle Howell
3. Chief Superintendent of the CBE: Mr. Chris Usih
4. School Trustee Wards 11 and 13: Ms. Julie Hrdlicka
6. Distinguished Alumni: Mr. Chris Tarry, Former HWW student, Juno Award winning musician, Peabody Award winning writer, Podcast Producer, and co-founder of Gen-Z Media
- Introduced by Miss Songzi Zhou
7. Valedictorian Address: Miss Grace Marshall
8. Class Historian(s): Mr. Mathieu Gauthier
9. Toast to the Students: Ms. Jill Tuttle
10. Grad Video
Final Gathering in the Future
This date and other details regarding the celebration will be determined once school has commenced in the Fall and after AHS has provided additional guidelines for protecting the health of students, staff and families at social gatherings. There will be one common date for all high schools. ,
Please e-mail Jennifer Jones (email@example.com) to contribute ideas or to be part of the Planning Committee in 2020-21 once a date is confirmed.
Follow link to Newsletter for Grad Committee Members List
You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Banquet Program Cover Contest
Contest Rules & Application
Auditions will occur on March 17, 2020 from 3:45 - 6:00 pm in room 114
Applications now available here.
Applications are due to Ms. Jones (room 206) by 3:30 p.m. on April 1, 2020
Auditions will occur on April 6-10, 2020
Applications now available here.
Expression of interest apply to Ms. Jones or Ms. Belliveau by 3:30 p.m. on May 15, 2020
Sample Video submission and outline needs to be submitted by May 19, 2020.
Successful candidate will be notified by e-mail, no later than Friday, May 27.
- Confirm their name is on the grad list posted outside the main office during the month of March 2020.
- The first draft of the Grad List will be posted outside the main office during the month of March.
- This list determines who is eligible to cross the stage at the Graduation Ceremony.
- Students should check this list regularly to ensure your name remains on the list.
- Students whose names are not on the list must see Mr. Barile in the main office.
- Students must be registered in courses that enable them to complete their specific program by June 2020.
- Have paid all school fees and returned all outstanding textbooks and library books.
- Be a positive, contributing member of the Henry Wise Wood student body. Disciplinary issues or negative conduct may disqualify students from participating in the Closing Ceremonies and/or Graduation Banquet.
- Attend the graduation rehearsal held the Friday prior to the Graduation Ceremony.