Taking the Bus to/from School
Students must board the busses immediately after the dismissal bell. School buses leave the school zone approximately 10 minutes after the dismissal bell. All students who routinely ride the bus are expected to be on board.
If your child routinely takes the bus, but you plan to pick them up after school, or if you have made alternate arrangements please inform the office and send a written note in their communication folder, before your child leaves for school in the morning stating who will be picking them up and include your contact phone number. It is not uncommon for children to think that someone is picking them up and they do not have a note to support the change in plan. Very often the child has misunderstood the conversation at home and by the time we have sorted out the problem the bus has already departed from the school and a parent needs to pick them up from school. For that reason, students without a note will be sent on the bus. Please note, we cannot guarantee that phoned in messages requesting a change in after school transportation will reach your child on time. Please call prior to 2:15 p.m. to allow office staff sufficient time to contact and relay any message to a teacher and/or student.
Items to note:
- All students should have an alternative plan in case a bus is delayed on the way to school. Parents are asked to contact Southland Transportation at 403-205-6688 for information when buses are delayed. Parents are reminded to review bus procedures with their child(ren).
- Get off and on the bus only at their designated stop.
- Bus attendance is taken at the door of the bus.
- Students need to ride sitting down in their assigned seats and facing forward in case the driver needs to make a sudden stop.
- Children must be polite to fellow riders and the bus driver.
- Appropriate behaviour is an expectation for all students riding the bus. Students may receive bus misconducts for inappropriate behaviour. Students who receive bus misconducts could be suspended from the bus depending on the frequency and seriousness of the behavior.