Procedures for Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Let’s work together to keep our students safe! Coming and going from the School continues to be of concern. To ensure everyone’s safety, please note the following:
- Please be courteous to the residents in the area. Blocking entrances to garages or driveways angers neighbours. Stay back at least 1.5 metres.
- For the safety of our children, we ask drivers to please be courteous and park responsibly when dropping off or picking up children from these areas.
- AVOID DOUBLE PARKING.
- Watch for signs indicating “No Stopping” and “No Parking” zones.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Leave five metres between your car and any cross walk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the cross walk.
- Parking too close to stop signs, yield signs or intersection makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of five metres is required.
- All parking infractions in schools zones are subject to a minimum $50 fine.
Please be considerate to our neighbours by driving 15 km/hr in the alley behind the school and 30 km/hr on the street for safety and NO U-TURNS in the middle of the road.