Resource Lists & Advice
Last modified on
Classroom and subject area links to website resources.
6 Guidelines for Feeling and Being Safe
- Stick to safety rules at school, on the bus, on the street, at home, and in sports and other activities.
- Stay away from dangerous things like drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, matches, fireworks, knives, and guns. Never touch any of these things if an adult isn’t there.
- Ask a trusted adult to help you if you see something dangerous or if you don’t feel safe.
- Feel safe inside by following safety rules, being careful, knowing what to do in an emergency, and making safe choices.
- Encourage your friends to be safe, too. Stick to what you know is right even if friends tease you or try to change your mind.
- Trust your instinct. Listen to the voice inside you that says something isn’t right.
- Yell for help if you’re in danger.