Any family who is a resident of Calgary may register with the CBE Home Education Program. This program is designed for families who wish to be responsible for offering a program of studies for their child by developing, administering, managing and evaluating the progress of their student, and maintaining a record of those studies.
Through our Windsor Park location, CBE Home Education provides families with:
- eight spacious activity/classrooms (equipped with computers and wireless accessible)
- wireless Internet throughout
- large hall space and showcases to display projects/student work
- learning commons
- project room
- lunchroom program
- meeting space
- playground facilities:
- students are encouraged to demonstrate proper respect and to display appropriate positive behaviour
- activities such as tobogganing, tubing, crazy carpeting and sledding are not permitted on School Board properties
The Calgary Board of Education is committed to providing and supporting flexible, personalized learning experiences for all children and families. Through our Windsor Park location, we offer both a parent-directed and a variety of shared responsibility program options to families who wish to be responsible for developing, administering, managing and evaluating a program of educational studies for their child.
For inquiries about registering, please contact Kim Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to program space and resources available, we are not able to accept students into CBE Home Education outside of set boundaries.
"Every child in Calgary has a designated school based on their home address and the program they choose. You can apply to attend any school, even if it is not your designated school." Calgary Board of Education Website
We are proud of our Home Education program and appreciate working with families who have chosen to build options and opportunities for learning success within the CBE.