Home Education Reimbursement Guidelines
Funding is available only for registered Homeschooling students. This funding is primarily for consumable materials: instructional materials and consumables must be clearly connected to the Learning Plan. All equipment purchases will need to be approved by the facilitator and Section 7.6 may apply.
Reimbursement Claim Form
- One form per student.
- Submit forms with receipts from Nov. 1 - Apr. 5 of the current school year
- Reimbursements can take 4 - 8 weeks to process from the time the form is submitted
- Contact your student's facilitator for a reimbursement form.
2. Complete the form as per instructions provided and email back to your facilitator with all scanned receipts.
While putting together your claim, please adhere to the following:
- Consult the Standards for Home Education Reimbursement to understand the goods or services that are eligible to be claimed.
- Reimbursements can be submitted the facilitator via email between November 1 – April 5 of the current school year only.
- A separate form should be filled out for each child. Please ensure that the form with receipts is saved as one PDF, is filled out correctly and completely, as this will affect the time of return.
- Receipts submitted must be dated between the date of registration and April 5 of the current school year.
- All receipts must be for resources that clearly support the Learning Plan.
- It is preferable that one or two lump sums are submitted, first and/or second half of the school year.
- If you have made a credit card purchase outside of Canada, you can either scan a copy of your credit card statement that shows the US exchange rate at the time of purchase, or refer to the exchange rate website to calculate the CAD total. https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/daily-exchange-rates/
- *new: tangible assets and lessons, 100% can now be claimed as educational resources. Field trips and admissions are still limited to 50% of the cost that can be claimed as educational resources.
- If the internet is a resource that is used to support your child’s learning plan, you can claim your internet fee by submitting one bill (ie. September’s bill) and multiplying 50% of the bill by 12 months on the claim form (without having to submit all 12 bills).
- If the item being claimed is not listed in your learning plan as a resource, please add it and send the revised learning plan to your facilitator prior to submitting your claim.