Homeschooling parents and students have access to all the support, programs, and resources available through CBe-learn, the CBE's online school. Contact CBe-learn Student Services for more information by calling 403-777-7971.
Parent Professional Development (PPD) Series
To support parents in the planning, organizing, managing, delivering and evaluating of a home education program, we provide a series of parent professional development workshops aind information sessions throughout the year. Please see your facilitator, our monthly newsletter and/or our poster advertisement in the front halls at Windsor Park for further information about these workshops, the dates and times they will be offered.
- Available for all teachers and students in Alberta
- Username & Password available from your facilitator or classroom teacher
- Resource Search, Online Reference Centre, T4T Courses, Authorized Resources
- Resource Search: 6547 different resources from K-12
- Kindergarten (476) / Grade 1 (530) / Grade 2 (564) / Grade 3 (612)
- Grade 4 (1266) / Grade 5 (1243) /Grade 6 (863)
- Grade 7 (1155) / Grade 8 (1279) / Grade 9 (1395)
- Grade 10 (1363) / Grade 11 (1455) / Grade 12 (1731)
- Online Reference Centre: Alberta-approved references and databases for student research
- T4T Courses : full online course content avalable for many courses K-12
- Authorized Resources : list of Alberta-approved resources for rent or purchase
- The Software Asset Management (SAM) system provides the CBE with an intuitive, self-serve, catalogue to quickly and easily find approved Web 2.0 tools, software titles for both Mac and PC platforms, as well as an avenue to submit new title requests.
- Currently only available for CBE employees. We are working on a way for parents to review and peruse selections.
- eLibrary is an online catalogue for all CBE school libraries (learning commons) with detailed information on books, DVDs and other resources that are available to borrow and online resources offered by Calgary Public Library and others. eLibrary is an online tool available to parents, students and staff.
- Staff and Students can log in have additional functionality if they log in to save lists, see what they have borrowed, and view any overdue materials.
- If you have suggestions for other resources that homeschooling families might want to pursue, please click here to send an email to us.