Volunteers at Hugh A. Bennett
Volunteers continue to be a vital part of our school’s operation.
Volunteers can help:
- Expand the variety of classroom activities
- Teachers to spend more instructional time with students
- Enrich the quality of school programs
- Build understanding through involvement
Another goal of the volunteer program is to promote communication between school staff and parents as we work together to provide the best possible education for our children. Volunteers are understood to be agents of the CBE and are subject to the same expectations as employees in terms of student / teacher confidentiality and privacy.
Some of the volunteer programs Hugh A. Bennett has to offer include:
- Classroom Volunteers: parents, grandparents and caregivers can volunteer on a regular basis in a classroom. Duties may include listening to children read, photocopying, and general classroom assistance.
- Hugh A. Bennett School Council: This group plans and executes several activities throughout the year including fundraising, special lunch days, etc.
As in all schools and to protect each child, all volunteers are required to go through a police security clearance prior to volunteering.
Volunteer clearance is initiated in the school office and completed online. Clearances are valid for five years at all CBE schools.
We welcome visitors and volunteers to the school. We make the following requests:
- Please sign in at the office upon arrival so we are aware you are in the school. As a security issue we ask you please do not walk through to classrooms at any time.
- If volunteering please pre-arrange your visit with the staff member whom you are assisting and wear a volunteer name tag.
Transfer Volunteer Clearance
Have you volunteered in another CBE school? Do you want to volunteer at Hugh A. Bennett?
Contact us in the office at 403-817-3560 so we can transfer your volunteer clearance from your child(s) previous school. If your child(ren) move schools the clearance is still valid, up to a maximum of 5 years.