Physical Education helps students gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to lead an active, healthy lifestyle. While actively participating in various activities students are expected to do their best while discovering essential life skills, such as cooperation, leadership, fair play and teamwork.
- Participate in all activities with a positive, cooperative and respectful attitude.
- Be changed into appropriate physical education clothing and shoes.
- No cellphones/electronic devices permitted during PE class.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed in the gym at any time.
- No bags, books, skateboards etc. in the gym. Please leave these in your locker or classroom.
Evaluation will be ongoing throughout the year and recorded in PowerSchool. (link available on school website). It is your responsibility to check your assessment and arrange a time to meet with your teacher if you have concerns. Parents/guardians please call or e-mail if you have any questions or concerns.
Each unit will be assessed on each of the three report card stems. It is referred to as your BAZ assessment:
1. Explores and applies strategies for leading a healthy, active way of life “Be Ready”
- On time
- No food, drink, gum
- No electronics
- Listening to and follows instructions
2. Cooperates to demonstrate fair play and teamwork “Attitude”
- Leads others to improve
- Exhibits a positive attitude
- Encourages and is kind to classmates
- Demonstrates good sportsmanship
- Provides assistance when required
- Respects rules and uses equipment safely
3. Performs and refines movement skills “Zing”
- Participates fully with enthusiasm
- Puts forth best effort
- Strives to improve on learned skills
Students are required to change for physical education classes to facilitate proper hygiene, participation and safety in class. Students should also wear deodorant and have one in their PE locker. NO spray deodorants, please! Students are required to wear athletic shorts or sweat pants, t-shirt, and proper athletic footwear. Additional warm clothing may be needed for outdoor activities on cool days. Student names should appear on all items of clothing. Bombers gear is available for purchase at the school. Visit the Merchandise page for more info.
- The change room is for getting changed for class. It is not a social area; do not wait for your friends. As soon as you are changed, join your class. If a student is not comfortable changing in the change room they may change in the bathroom facilities provided they are on time for class.
- Appropriate behaviour is expected at all times. Inappropriate behaviour (horseplay, bullying, unsuitable language, throwing objects, vandalism) will not be tolerated.
- Cell phone are NOT to be used in the change room.
- Each student is assigned a phys ed locker with a lock. Please ensure all property is placed in your locker and locked. Never share your combinations with anyone! The school does not assume responsibility for lost articles.
Students should ensure the PE teachers are aware of any relevant medical concerns (ie asthma, allergies, injuries). Medical concerns that will affect your ability to participate in physical education classes require a written note from a parent/guardian. If a student is unable to participate for an extended period, a note from a doctor is required. Alternate activities and/or assignments will be assigned to students who are unable to participate fully.