- Be open to new challenges, have a positive attitude and do your best.
- Come prepared to be active every day by being changed into gym strip.
- Show respect to all people & equipment.
Report Card Stems and Your F.I.T. Mark
The course objectives are how you will be evaluated and will appear on your report card.
(F)itness & Conditioning Development
Enhance performance through fitness and conditioning development
- Ability to perform different fitness activities with correct technique
- Improvement in basic fitness levels
- Changing exercises to create different challenges in workouts
(I)'m Ready for a Challenge
Prepare for and respond to personal challenges and team dynamics
- Come to class prepared to be active (on time and changed)
- Approach difficult workouts/exercises with a sense of resiliency
- Have the proper attitude to help yourself and others overcome physical obstacles and challenges presented in class
(T)eam Strategies & Skills
Refine and strategically apply sport skills and tactics
- Demonstrate different movement and sport specific skills in game settings
- Use different offensive and defensive strategies/tactics in game settings
- Help other team/group members succeed by utilizing their strengths
What Happens Each Class
For this course we will be active all the time. The majority of our classes will be spent developing different aspects of fitness (aerobic capacity, speed, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, etc.). This will be done through games, activities and fitness challenges. Students should come to class expecting to work hard and should recognize that growth and achievement in this class will come as a result of their hard work.