Summer School at the CBE
July 4 - 27, 2023
The Calgary Board of Education has summer school opportunities for current CBE students. In Summer School, students can:
- Take one course, either in-person or online:
- Gain valuable work experience while earning credits through
Get answers at
Summer School FAQs.
Summer school programming is extremely condensed. This intensive setting requires that students be able to independently manage their course loads.
- In-person courses, at Chinook Learning Services, run Monday – Friday, 8:15 AM to 12:56 PM, plus an expectation of student independent work for a minimum of one additional hour each school day.
- Online courses, at CBe-learn, require a minimum time commitment of 5 hours per weekday for 5-credit courses.
Credit Courses Available
Core & Option Courses are available in the following programs of study:
- Aboriginal Studies
- Career & Technology Studies
- English Language Arts
- Physical Education
- Social Sciences
- Social Studies
Students may register in a maximum of one course for Summer School. Registration details will be provided by your current high school counsellor or junior high school administrator in April 2023. Families will be notified by email the week of June 5 - 9, 2023 as to whether or not they have been enrolled. Ensure you are checking your junk/spam folder as well as your inbox for these notifications.
Due to limited space and resources only the following students are permitted to register with Chinook for Summer School 2023:
- Current CBE students in Grades 9-12
- Current Grade 9 students can only register in Mathematics 15 (offered online only)
All August Diploma Exams for in-person and online classes, will be written at Nelson Mandela High School.
our summer school programming page on the CBE website to learn more.
Online Learning at CBe-learn
CBe-learn offers a variety of online high school core and complementary courses during the summer. Online learning allows you the flexibly to take one summer school course to help you catch up, keep up, or get ahead.