The government has cancelled all Grade 6 and 9 provincial achievement tests and Grade 12 diploma exams. In accordance with this
direction, whole-class final exams will not be utilized as summative
assessments at any grade level.
Under special circumstances, students can request to write a diploma exam. For more information, please review Alberta Education’s FAQ document on Education Continuity.
2019-2020 Alberta Education Diploma Exam Schedule
Last modified on
|Date and Time||Subject (number of students)||Location|
Final Examination Regulations
- All students must be in attendance for final exams (in class exams included) or else a ZERO GRADE will result. In the case of illness a completed and signed doctor's certificate must be submitted.
- All students must be prepared to provide identification to write exams. This is a PROVINCIAL requirement. Students must have your Student ID Card.
- Electronic devices (except approved calculators), including cellular telephones, mp3 players and other listening devices, PDAs, electronic dictionaries or translators are not allowed in the examination area. If caught, you will be escorted out of the exam area and a zero will be assigned to your exam.
- Course materials (e.g. texts) should be turned in BEFORE the beginning of an exam.
- All students must be in attendance for IN-CLASS final exams or else a ZERO GRADE will result. A Doctor's certificate is necessary in the case of illness.
- Students must be present 30 MINUTES PRIOR to the scheduled starting time.
- Special provisions (reader, scribe, additional writing time, etc.) must have been arranged in advance by the Learning Strategist or ELL team.
- Students who arrive after 60 minutes have elapsed will NOT be allowed to write the exam. Extra time is not given to students who arrive late. Students must stay in their assigned test area for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Students must initial the attendance register.
- All students can take up to twice the official time limit to write the diploma exam, if needed. Students do not need to declare the use of this provision before writing a diploma exam.