The Library at James Fowler
- Gone are the days of a librarian shushing students in a repository of books!
- A Learning Commons is meant to be inclusive, flexible, learner-centred space for collaboration, inquiry, imagination and play to expand and deepen learning
- The Learning Commons should foster intellectual, academic and social engagement; increase access to all resources, and improve student autonomy
Monday - Thursday | 8:45 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday | 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Note: the library may be closed during regular hours for special events and exams.
Who We Are
The library staff includes Mr. Steel, teacher librarian [contact firstname.lastname@example.org] and Ms Javed, library assistant.
- Textbooks (for student registered in James Fowler classes only)
- Fiction (novels)
- Organized by author’s last name
- Found on the short shelves
- Non-fiction (research materials)
- Organized by subject area
- Found on the tall shelves
- Magazines (for in library use)
- Graphic Novels (found on front fiction shelf)
- Easy Readers (found on front fiction shelf)
- Picture books (found on front tall shelf)
Little Free Library—take a book, leave a book · Electronic Resources · How to look up and find a book
*If we don’t have a book you’d like, write it down in the green suggestion binder on the circulation desk
- Free for use if not booked by a teacher.
- Tech help for common computer issues including problems logging in · Wireless access on your own device
- The library can reset your password
- Lost your ID? Never got one? We can print a card for you
- Only the first one is free. After that, an ID card costs $5.00
- Lanyards and plastic sleeves can also be purchased for $1.50 and $0.50 respectively (cash only please)
Please ask if you need a hand! That is what we are here for!
Important Things for Students to Know
- No food or open drinks in the library. Drinks with screw tops are fine
- If a teacher sends you to the library, please sign in on the clipboard on the circulation desk
- Lost/damaged your book? Pay for it in the business office
- You can sign out 3 books at a time, for a three week loan period and renew your books 3 times
Important Links for students during COVID-19:
Would you like to borrow a book from our school library? Come and see us and we will find it for you. Also, you can use E-library to browse for titles, authors, and subjects!
Do you have a big research project or paper you need to do for school? You can access the ONLINE REFERENCE CENTRE to find online journal articles and electronic copies of books! Follow this link: