Volunteering at Janet Johnstone School
Our Parent Volunteer Program includes all those who volunteer for special programs or field trips, as well as those who come in on a regular basis to assist teachers in the preparation of materials and in helping in a capacity requested by the teacher. In order to ensure that volunteers are always contributing to the effectiveness of the learning of all children, the following volunteer creed was developed by a volunteer committee.
HOW TO get your volunteer clearance:
In order to volunteer in the school, ALL parents must have the
Annual Volunteer Registration Form completed and sent into the office. If you’re interested in volunteering this school year, please
fill it out and return it to the school.
Once the Annual Volunteer Registration Form has been collected,
then there are two options:
1. If your Police Clearance has not
expired, then you are ready to volunteer!
2. If your Police Clearance has expired OR if
you haven’t ever completed a Police Clearance, then you will need to complete
a. Send in a picture of your driver’s
license to email@example.com
b. Send in a picture of you holding your
driver’s license to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Once the office receives BOTH
pictures, then you will be sent by email a letter. The subject of the
email will state: “Important Police Clearance”. The letter will outline
your next steps with the Calgary Police.
4. Once the Calgary Police have
completed their portion of the clearance, they will contact you directly.
When you have confirmation from CPS, you can then share it with CBE. You
will then be notified by our volunteer coordinator (Jocelyn Gelinas) that you
are cleared to volunteer.
Here is a list of some POSSIBLE upcoming events that you may
want to have your Volunteer Clearance ready for:
- community walks
- in-class opportunities
- off-site trips
- in school residencies
- pizza lunch
- popcorn snack
- Carnaval D'Hiver
- To help enhance the educational programs in consultation with teachers and administration.
- To keep confidential that which we see.
- To help build children’s self-esteem.
- To observe school security and fire drill routines.
- To sign in at the office and acquire a name tag.
- To provide encouragement to all students and teachers.
- To have fun and enjoy your valuable contribution.