We believe a child’s first and most important teachers are parents and we value any opportunity to work as partners with you in your child’s education. There are a variety of ways for you to be involved with our program in support of your child’s progress such as:
- Speak with your child’s teacher for ideas/strategies that can be used at home to support your child’s progress. See what is going on in the classroom by viewing our Classes & Departments.
- Attend meetings to review your child’s goals and progress on a regular basis throughout the year. Parent-Teacher Conferences will be identified in the school calendar OR you can contact your child’s teacher to request a meeting at any time.
- Get Connected with the teacher through phone calls or emails. Your child’s teacher will provide you with contact information early in September and you should feel free to contact them (or the school) with any questions, concerns or information you might like to share.
- Visit this website regularly for important school information, our latest news, upcoming events, and examples of student work and achievements.
- Volunteer– parents are always welcome to come into the classroom to volunteer. Once you have completed a Police Information Check form at the school and it has been processed (may take up to 8 weeks), you are encouraged to contact your child’s teacher at any time to schedule volunteer dates and times.
- Join our School Council – this is a wonderful opportunity for you to be involved in the school community and to have a voice in school events and activities.
- Join our Parent Society – a formal group of parents, incorporated under the Societies Act for the purpose of raising funds for the school.
- Help out with Fundraising & Donations activities which occur throughout the school year.