Jennie Elliott School | Kindergarten Registration
2023-24 School Year
We would like to extend a warm welcome to families registering their child with us for the upcoming school year. We share in your excitement as we look forward to the newest members of our Jennie Elliott school community joining us in September.
Please review this page carefully. At the bottom of this page you will find the links to information about how to register for Kindergarten with the Calgary Board of Education, and below is general information about our Jennie Elliott Kindergarten program. We also encourage you to check out the CBE Kindergarten Information webpage for further information about Kindergarten in the Calgary Board of Education.
Jennie Elliott School Staff
When to Register for Kindergarten
Kindergarten registration for the 2023-24 school year opens Jan. 16, 2023. See the bottom of this page for links to instructions about how to register.
Please note: Once your registration documents have been submitted through the process below, please allow 1-2 weeks to receive an email from the school to confirm receipt of your documents.
Welcome to Kindergarten at Jennie Elliott School
Kindergarten is the start of an exciting adventure for your child. Kindergarten students are curious and eager to learn; the kindergarten program at Jennie Elliott School fosters students in learning experiences where they are engaged, challenged, and supported. Through responsive programming, students’ needs, learning styles, and interests are honoured. We are committed to providing authentic and experiential opportunities for beginning learners to practice and develop the skills for learning and life. All teachers at Jennie Elliott School are dedicated to working towards success for each student through the personalization of learning with the goal of our students becoming capable, competent lifelong learners.
We invite you to enjoy this video that gives you a glimpse into the types of learning experiences that our Kindergarten students have at school.
Through exploration, experiential learning experiences, purposeful play and social interaction kindergarten students will:
- develop understanding and skills in early literacy and numeracy
- develop a strong sense of self-esteem
- develop a sense of belonging to the JES community
- develop attitudes and skills for building healthy relationships
- develop positive ways to express their feelings and show respect and care for others
- explore and make sense of their environments
- develop gross and fine motor skills
- explore, create and respond to art, drama and music
- share their interests, ideas and talents with others
- ask questions and share wonderings
- become curious problem solvers
- build confidence and independence as a learner
- see themselves as capable of learning, trying new things, and taking risks
Kindergarten Program Virtual Open House
Our Virtual Open House Slideshow that will provide information to help you and your child prepare for Kindergarten at Jennie Elliott School including:
- enhanced supports
- tips for parents to help your child get ready for Kindergarten
- Kindergarten hours
- setting up your MyCBE/Powerschool Parent Account
- how to receive school messages
- registering for bus service
- choice of am/pm preference
The Virtual Open house Slideshow will be available after our orientation night.
Please join us for Kindergarten Orientation. Further information regarding time will be posted here closer to the event.
How to Register