We are so excited to welcome all of our JCS Ravens to the 2022-2023 school year!
First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is September 1, 2022 and the school office is open to parents on August 22, 2022.
The first day of classes we will have a staggered entry as follows:
- 9:00am-12:00pm: Grade 10 students and Link Leaders
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: All students-- complementary welcome back hot dog lunch
- 1:00pm-3:30pm: All students-- mini timetable
School Start & End Times
Please see JCS 2022-2023 Timetable, located in the link to the right under "Resources".
School ID Photos
School ID photos will be taken from August 24 - 26 for all students in the auxiliary gym, with the entrance from the student parking lot. Please note the ID photo is also the students' school photo.
- Grade 12’s Wednesday, August 24 9:00-3:00
- Grade 11’s Thursday, August 25 9:00-3:00
- Grade 10’s Friday, August 26 9:00-2:00
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates. For system calendars, please visit: www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars.
School Supply List
Please bring your own basic school supplies, such as pens, pencils, and binders with paper. Your teachers will let you know if additional supplies are required.
We will not be issuing paper copies of student timetables, therefore; parents/students are requested to view student timetables in PowerSchool through a web browser (Chrome is recommended).
Considerable work has gone into the creation of the 2022-2023 timetables for all students. This process of course selection and program planning began formally in January. Every effort was made to ensure that student timetables are accurate and personalized based on requests. In 95% of cases, students receive their course requests. With the complex nature of the timetable and in striving to meet student requests, there is little room to make changes to timetables at this time. Students with any of the following issues will be given FIRST priority for timetable adjustments:
- Grade 12 students missing graduation requirements
- No courses or courses missing
- Missing the prerequisite course to a scheduled course (i.e. did not complete Social Studies 20, but scheduled for Social Studies 30)
- Courses in wrong order, e.g. Science 30 first semester, Science 20 second semester
- Students took and passed prerequisite course at Summer School
- Student has “See Counsellor” on timetable
If you are unable to access an electronic copy of your timetable through the PowerSchool Portal, please contact the main office.
New Student Registration Information
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Call the office beginning at 8:30 am on August 27, 2022, for more information.
Please check out the link for updated 2022-2023 City Transit School Express Routes