Keep checking this page for details about Graduation 2023 as we move closer to May!
We are excitedly planning Graduation 2023! Here is some key information:
2023 Graduation Theme
We Grow Together
9:00am-11:00am on Thursday, May 25 (Grads arrive at 8:00am and doors open at 8:30am) at the Grey Eagle Event Centre.
The first round of ceremony tickets will commence on April 24:
- Tickets will be distributed at lunch in the Upper Hub outside of the Main Office
- Tickets can only be picked up by the graduating students whose names appear on the Graduation List
- Students require ID to pick up tickets
- Tickets will not be replaced or re-printed if they get lost. Please ensure your student understands to keep them in a safe spot.
A second round for ceremony tickets will commence May 2 at 8:30am. Each student can have one more ticket. Additional tickets will be put into a lottery draw-- students who are hoping for more tickets can sign up when they come to pick up their one extra ticket on May 2.
Please note that graduates do not require a ticket for the ceremony; tickets are for parents and other guests. Tickets will be required for entry.
5:00pm-10:00pm on Thursday, May 25 (the program will begin at 6:00pm) at the Grey Eagle Event Centre.
Banquet tickets will be available to purchase for $108 through InviteRight.
- Round 1 for Banquet ticket sales will commence on April 24 at 10:00am and will run until May 8.
- Round 2 for Banquet ticket sales will commence on May 9 at noon and will run until May 18.
Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal
There will be an important graduation ceremony rehearsal at the school on Wednesday, May 17 from 2:00-3:30pm (period 4) in the Main Gym. All students participating in the graduation ceremony must attend. Grad gowns will be handed out at the end of the rehearsal. More information TBA.
Participation in Graduation Ceremonies requires students to: meet the Alberta Education requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Achievement, be a student in good standing according to the school’s code of conduct, and pay the required graduation ceremony fee. Individual cases will be considered on their own merits.
We will be posting a preliminary graduation list outside the main office on Thursday, April 13 (students will be listed by CBE ID number, not by their names) and a final graduation list on Thursday, April 20. In order to be on the graduation list, students must:
- be on track to graduate (registered in all courses necessary for graduation). Here is a link to the requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of School Completion. Students who have questions about their requirements should make an appointment with their Guidance Counsellor.
- be a student in good standing (attending and passing classes)
- *If your student is not currently passing a graduation requirement course, they can be considered to be in good standing if they have made an academic plan with their Assistant Principal.
- have paid your $51 graduation fee (can be paid through PowerSchool)
- have completed the “Are You Ready to Graduate?” form
All students on the Graduation List will be eligible to cross the stage and will have their name listed in the graduation programme. The final Graduation List for the graduation ceremony programme will be posted on April 20, 2023.
Graduation Information Booklet
For detailed information regarding graduation, please see the JCS Graduation 2023 Information Booklet linked on the right hand side of this page.
Banquet Slideshow – Baby Photos
At the Graduation Banquet there will be a slide show of graduates’ photos and baby photos. If graduates would like to be a part of the slideshow, please complete the following steps:
- Find a baby photo and an appropriate current photo of you - This can be your grad photo if you want
- Change the name of the files your full name and which photo it is (example: Last name, first name - baby photo)
- Send your pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name in the subject line
- Photos must be submitted by April 25 in order to be in the slide show
We are looking forward to celebrating with you!