Final Examination Regulations
Exams are an important component to final assessments. Attendance is Mandatory!
All students must be in attendance for final exams including in-class exams or a Zero Grade will result. Calling in sick during exams is not acceptable or excusable. A completed and signed doctor's certificate must be submitted and/or student in hospital, if a student does not attend, or a Zero Grade will result.
- All students must be prepared to provide a Student ID Card or a Drivers’ License with picture to write exams.
- Only approved, cleared calculators are allowed in Math/Science exams. Electronic devices such as cellular telephones, smart watches, mp3 players and other listening devices, PDAs, electronic dictionaries or translators, are not allowed in exam rooms. If found, you will be escorted out of the exam area by and administrator, and a Zero Grade will result for your exam.
- Course materials (e.g. texts) should be turned in before the beginning of an exam.
- No leaving of the exam room within the first hour of any exam. Please use the washroom prior to start of exam.
- Students must be present 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
- Students who arrive after 60 minutes have elapsed will NOT be allowed to write the exam. Extra time is not given to students who arrive late. Students must stay in their assigned test area for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Students must initial the attendance register. Students must sign out when finished the exam and record the time.
- All students can take up to twice the official time limit to write the diploma exam, if needed.
- Special provisions (accommodations) must have been arranged in advance by the Learning Strategist or ELL team.