Class of 2024
2024 Graduation June 7 - details to follow.
Class of 2023 Graduation
Graduation Date: Friday May 26 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Morning Ceremony 9:30AM - Graduates do not require a ticket for the ceremony. Tickets obtained through an online link (which will be emailed out and posted here on the JGD website). 2 free tickets per student (May 1st), 2 additional tickets per student with be available for purchase ($5 per ticket) starting May 8th. Open round of all remaining tickets will be on May 15th ($5 per ticket). Grad Fees MUST BE paid to access tickets (PowerSchool or Business Office).
Live-Stream Grad Ceremony:
- Grad Reception to follow shortly after the ceremony at the Jubilee (1:00 - 3:00PM) – opportunity to socialize with family and friends. Optional attendance with purchased tickets. Reception tickets will be $25 and include appetizers, dessert and beverages. All guests, including grads, must have a ticket for the reception. Tickets for the reception will be available on the Ticketmaster website (using the emailed link) from May 1 to May 14th.
Please note that there is no banquet event as the reception replaces that portion of the celebrations.
Graduation Ceremony Ticket Purchase Information
Grads and families are reminded that Reception ticket sales end on Monday night, May 15th. This link is specifically for adding reception tickets if you are buying them separately from your ceremony tickets. A reminder that each person attending the reception, requires a ticket, even graduates. $25/ticket includes appetizers and beverages.
Reception Ticket Link
Monday, May 15th at 9:00 am the final round of Ceremony ticket sales begins. There are no limits on numbers of tickets available per person for this round, until seats are sold out. $5/ticket.
Ceremony Ticket Link
The excitement is building as we get closer to the big day!
Graduation Gowns Pick Up - Wednesday May 17, 2023
Gowns can be picked up at the Wellness Center located next to Student Services on Wednesday May 17 during the designated times. Please be aware there are still IB exams occurring in the cafeteria that day so remain quiet in that area.
- Grad gowns will only be given to students who have paid their grad fees
- Students can only pick up their gown, NO PICKING UP FOR ANOTHER STUDENT
- Please come to pick up during your designated time
*****Students with a spare are requested to come during their spare, not during the designated alphabetical times.
8:00 – 9:00 AM
Students with the last name starting with A to G
Students with the last name starting with H to J
Students with the last name starting with K to N
3:30 to 4:00 PM
Students with the last name starting with M to Z
Keepsake Grad Gowns
- Our keepsake gowns have been ordered - In order to receive gowns and access tickets for the ceremony and reception, students must have paid the grad fee of $68.25 by the deadline of Sunday, April 23 at 10pm. Please see your student's PowerSchool account or call the business office at 403-274-2240 ext. 2405 to make a payment. Payments made after this date will result in a delay in accessing tickets for this important day.
Parent Information Night - NEW DATE of Tuesday, April 18 at 6:30PM
- There will be a Virtual Graduation Information night for parents and students on Tuesday, April 18 at 6:30pm. All parents and students are invited to attend.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 264 917 360 310
Download Teams | Join on the web
Grade 12 Indigenous Student Graduation
A gathering to honour CBE Grade 12 students who self-identify as Indigenous will be held on Friday June 2, 2023, from 1 - 3:30 p.m. at Niitsitapi Learning Centre.
**Important Grad Information**
John G Diefenbaker High School has two official graduation
events, these are the Graduation Ceremony and the Graduation Reception both
held on May 26th at the Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. Any other
events such as banquets, after grad parties or vacation trips are not
affiliated with, sponsored by, or supervised by the CBE or John G Diefenbaker
school. Participation in any events other than the ceremony and reception is
done so at your own personal and financial risk.
Graduation preparation and celebration week events will be posted in the Grad bulletin board in the main foyer as well as on Grad D2L Calendar/Announcements
GRAD Photo UPDATE
We know that there are many
students who were unable to register to have their grad photos taken for the
yearbook and graduate composite.
Lifetouch/Prestige has graciously
open up Monday,
Feburary 6th and Tuesday, February 7th to bookings at their
studio. Please book
immediately as they will fill up very quickly. Here's a digital copy of the QR code. Families need to 'Select
Session' Cap and Gown Grace 12 (30 min) and then select the date and follow all
instructions to the end. They will receive a confirmation email once
appointment is completed.