Important Grad Reminders
Third Round of Ceremony Ticket Sales 5 pm June 6 - 11:59am June 7
Third round of Ceremony ticket purchase will open at 5:00 pm, June 6 on the Ticketmaster website using the existing Ticketmaster link. If you require additional tickets, please visit the website before 11:59 am June 7. The link will remain as long as there are tickets available.
Questions about Grad? Check out the FAQs here or see below
Live stream link - coming soon to your email. Check your email connected to your Graduand on June 7 at 11:00 am.
Rehearsal: Monday, June 6 at 1pm - All Gr 12 Students MUST attend
First Round of Ceremony Ticket Sales Ends Friday, June 3 2:00 pm
- First round of ticket sales (2 free and up to 2 additional at $5 each) end on Friday, June 3 at 2 pm using this Ticketmaster link:
- Additional tickets may be available for purchase beginning on Friday, June 3 at 3 pm - up to 2 additional tickets per student at $5 each - first come, first serve basis using this Ticketmaster link:
- Ceremony on Tuesday, June 7, 1 pm at the Jubilee Auditorium
- Grads DO NOT require a ticket to enter the theatre
- Grad fees must be paid to purchase tickets
- Students' CBE ID is their individual password - please have it ready to enter
- Each graduate can access 2 free tickets and 2 tickets at $5 each (total of 4 per graduate)
- Wheelchair accessible seating can be selected during the purchase process
- All guests require a digital ticket to enter the venue, regardless of age. Seating will be selected during the Ticketmaster purchase and the digital tickets will be scanned at the theatre entrance. If you do not have a smart phone, the box office will be open to help, please have identification ready.
Questions about the ceremony? Contact Lisa Early at Lmearly@cbe.ab.ca
Grad Banquet 2022
Date: Friday, June 10, 2022
Place: The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel and Conference Centre
1316 33 Street NE, Calgary, AB
Price: Dinner & Dance Ticket = $85.00 (GST included) per person
Tickets will be on sale from Tuesday, May 24 @9:00am to Wednesday, June 1 @ 11:55pm
Link to purchase tickets
**In order to be eligible to purchase Grad Banquet tickets the Graduation Fee of $68.25 has to be paid
Questions about the Banquet? Please contact Krista Demassi at Kldemassi@cbe.ca
Can't make it to the dinner? You can get tickets to the Dance portion through the Business Office beginning June 2.
April 11, 2022
Dear Diefenbaker Graduates & Families,
We are pleased to announce that John G. Diefenbaker will have an in person graduation ceremony plus a banquet / dance for the 2022 school year. Up until March 1, 2022 the pandemic restrictions made planning for such an event extremely difficult as venues were determining if, when and how many people could attend. The graduation committee has been working hard behind the scenes since the restrictions lifted to take care of contracts, ordering and planning. Thank you!
Important Graduation Events & Dates
- Graduation Pancake Breakfast, Grad Rehearsal and distribution of Cap and Gowns. | Monday June 6, at JGD High School.
- Graduation Ceremony | Tuesday, June 7, 2022 @1:00 pm at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary / 1415 14 Avenue NW. (We are planning to Live Stream the Ceremonies for family and friends who are out of town or unable to attend.)
- Graduation Banquet & Dance | Friday, June 10, 2022 @ 6:00 pm at Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre 1316 33 St NE, Calgary
Grad Information Meeting
We would like to invite all parents and graduating students to a Virtual Information Session on Thursday April 21st from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. This meeting will be hosted on MS TEAMs at the following LINK.
Graduation Fees (65$ + GST):
All graduating students pay a graduation fee for the Grad Ceremony, Pancake Breakfast and Rehearsal. These fees are used to cover the cost of venues, materials and graduation regalia (Cap / Gown; Certificates, Grad Gift and other). Please pay your grad fees to the business office. As a school we do not receive funding for these events.
Graduation Banquet & Dance (Separate Fee of $85 / Person)
This is an optional event that many of our students and their families attend. We are currently still negotiating pricing which will be made available on April 21, 2022.
These events are designed to mark a rite of passage and celebrate our Grads! Please join us at our Grad Virtual Information meeting LINK. We look forward to celebrating this year’s Diefenbaker Graduates!