First Day of Classes
2020-21 John Ware Calendar
Staggered Start for 2020
We are beginning our school year by limiting the number of students entering the school over the first three days. The purpose of the plan is:
- To ease the transition of students into school,
- To spend time with smaller groups familiarizing them with our health measures,
- To facilitate physical distancing while teaching the protocols of our health measures.
Staggered entry days are full day.
- Only Grade 7 – Tuesday, Sept 1st
- Only Grade 8 – Wednesday, Sept 2nd
- Only Grade 9 – Thursday, Sept 3rd
All grades – half day on Friday, Sept 4th then each day thereafter as scheduled according to our posted calendar.
- Students walk, bus, bike, or get dropped off for school. If you drive your student, please drop them off in the cul-de-sac, the Southland Leisure Centre parking lot or on Palliser Drive across our field. Do NOT use the parking lot for drop off as there is too much pedestrian traffic for this.
- All students are asked to arrive at school just prior to 8:30 AM on their designated entry day. All students will receive more specific information just prior to their entry day to find out what homeroom they are in, location of the classroom, and homeroom teacher.
- Staff will be present in the foyer to help direct students.
- If you know you will be away or not attending John Ware School, please call the school at 403-777-7930, ext.1 and leave a message.
- We traditionally have a team building activity at some point during the day, we encourage students to wear comfortable clothing and footwear (runners) for the activity.
School Start & End Times
Bell Times for 2020-2021
|Monday to Thursday|
8:30 - 9:28
9:30 - 10:28
10:28 - 10:31
10:31 - 11:30
11:32 - 12:30
12:30 - 1:10
1:10 - 2:09
2:11 - 3:10
End of Day
8:30 - 9:35
9:37 - 10:43
10:45 - 11:50
End of Day
School Supply Lists
The following is a general list of supplies that will be required by all students at John Ware School. Students are responsible for replacing these items as they are depleted throughout the year. Do ensure everything is labelled.
Non-medical masks (2)
Personal hand sanitizer
Geometry set (protractor/compass)
Binders and Dividers (3)
Calculator recommended TI 30X yx and (+/–)
Duotangs or Report Covers (some)
Pencils - box
Fine Tipped Black Marker
Loose-leaf paper - lined
Pens – several blue or black ink, red
*At John Ware – teachers post course outlines, homework and parent information on our Desire to Learn webpage (D2L) or Google Classroom. All students and parents have access to D2L and Google Classroom. Many students use this as an organizational tool throughout the school year. We have added the agenda as optional if your child feels more comfortable with this method of organizing themselves before they become proficient at D2L.
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our school's Calendar page for upcoming events and dates. View our 2020-2021 John Ware School Calendar
Please visit our How to Register page for registration details and forms.
Our school office opens on Aug. 24, 2020 for registration. Please call first to make arrangements to 403-777-7930 x0
School Fee Payment
The CBE now requires all fees to be paid through MyCBE / PowerSchool. If logging on for the first time, you will need your student's CBE ID number, which is the same number they use for logging in to our computer network. There are the links on the portal login page to assist, but if you have difficulties, please contact our main office at 403-777-7930 x0.