- Check our calendar for exact dates when conferences are scheduled.
As you get ready for our upcoming conferences, time is precious. You can begin the conference with your student at home. Consider these other suggestions to make the most of your conference time.
Suggestions for a Constructive Parent/Teacher/Student Conference
Before the Conference
- Review your child's marks and comments on Power Teacher.
- Ask to see some of your child's current work, notice any comments and marks, consider whether you think this work is reflective of your child's skills.
- Interview your child before the parent-teacher interview! Ask your child:
- What is your teacher going to say about your work?
- What will the teacher say about you?
- What do you think you do really well?
- What do you need to focus on?
- Do you want me to ask the teacher any specific questions?
During the Conference
Ask some of the following questions if the teacher does not bring them up:
- Does my child actively participate in your class? What does this look like? If not what concerns do you have?
- What are my child's learning strengths?
- What areas are more difficult for my child?
- Does my child have difficulty completing assignments?
- Are there things we can do at home to help my child?
- Do you have suggestions for me to discuss with my child?