Homework is not an expectation, but may be a reality. At times, students may be required to complete unfinished work, or redo work at home. We also have a homework club at lunch in room 18 and we have supervision before school each morning for homework completion.
Parental support and interest will have a major influence on a student’s feelings toward study and homework. Parents can help in the following ways:
- Providing a space away from distractions.
- Setting a regular homework/study time each day, even if it is simply reading a book.
- Being available for questions and review.
- Check weekly email update, or D2L site for homework, outstanding assignments, projects
- Contact the teachers via email, D2L or phone
- Extra help may be arranged with individual teachers in the morning, noon or after school
Overdue Assignments and Missed Tests
If students are absent for tests or assignments, it is expected that the student will obtain and complete work missed and/or will make arrangements for unwritten tests and exams. Parents/guardians are free to contact teachers regarding their child’s progress. Teachers endeavor to inform parents with ongoing updates, email, or phone calls. Students are encouraged to advocate for themselves in negotiating extensions or more study time based on extenuating circumstances, family vacations or field trips.