School Attendance Line: 403-817-3504 ext. 1
Before school begins for the day, please call the school 403-817-3504 to let us know if your child will be absent or late. This will help us to ensure that all Ken Taylor students are safe and accounted for in a timely manner. After reaching the school press 1, and leave your message on the Attendance Line. Please let us know your child’s first and last name (spelling the last name), teacher and room number, and the reason for, and duration of the absence, if known.
- Every child is expected to be in school on all school days designated by the Calgary Board of Education, unless illness or personal reasons make attendance not possible.
- Parents/guardians are required to phone or email email@example.com at the school, before the start of the day, if their child is going to be absent for any reason. When leaving a message please spell your child’s first and last name and include their homeroom.
- For security purposes if you do not contact the office to report an absence you will be contacted by the school. Your partnership in this communication keeps our children safe and prevents the office personnel from making redundant phone calls.
- Punctual attendance is expected.
- Plan to arrive with a minimum of 5 minutes prior to the start of the morning or afternoon classes.
- Being late has a significant impact on the late student’s learning as (they miss instruction and educational activi-ties, our office staff (they must change absences to lates on the record and issue late slips), teacher time (they have to re-teach), and classmates (their learning time is interrupted).
- A letter will be sent home with and placed in the file of) students who are habitually late. Parents are expected to have plans in place for ensuring their child is at school on time (Reference: CBE Administrative Regulation 6020 - Attendance of Students).