Ken Taylor – Digital Citizenship Plan
This plan is one component of the CBE Digital Citizenship Process. Schools must complete this plan:
• to be compliant with Administrative Regulation 1062 Use of Electronic Resources
• to allow students to connect to the school’s wireless network with their own devices.
1) Long Term Goal
Digital Safety: Students can manage and protect digital identity and online presence.
- Logging in
- Keeping passwords private
- Choosing good passwords
- Protecting personal information
- Being aware of our digital presence/footprint
- Class discussions
- Hands on practice
- Websites (Media Smarts, netsmartz, webonauts, PBS kids, learninglab)
- Home discussions: Students showing parents websites and playing with family. School provides discussion
- questions for family around digital safety
- Students are able to log in independently
- Students do not give out passwords and ask classmates not to reveal theirs
- Students ask to reset passwords if someone learns it
- Students question/double check if information reveals anything personal before they post it
- Students go to an
adult if a page
they go to is
2) Long Term Goal
Digital Learning: Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the relevance to specific learning
- Recognize, identify, and articulate how technology tools are available and helpful to my learning environment
- Practice strategies for validating digital information
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting strategies when I am engaging with a new tool, device and/or application
- Share my knowledge and use of technology tools for learning with others in support of their growth and understanding
- Through integrated work, students will be asked to evaluate sites, information, and analyze the validity of sites.
- Through integrated work, students will learn to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Students will have opportunities to share their new learning with peers when they have similar problems.
- Students will find sources of information that are valid and effective for their learning
- Students will ask for help from their peers more often
Checkpoints: Mid November, Mid February, Mid May