Absence Line: 403-817-3440 ext. 1
Please contact the office if your child will be absent or late. For more information, please see our Attendance page.
Students with Allergies or Medical Conditions
We require that our parents complete a Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form every year in September. This form contains information that we use to assist all staff in becoming aware of your child's allergies or medical condition. Medications can only be administered by staff upon completion of a Student Health Plan that must be approved by the principal. Medication is kept in a locked cabinet in the nurse's room. We do not keep any medication for general use in the school.
Parents please be aware school personnel are not authorized to dispense medication to a child without a Student Health Plan being completed and approved by the Principal. Parents should complete this form and it will be kept on file. Parents must also supply the medication required and it must be kept in the office nurse’s room secure cupboards.
We are a Nut Aware School
We wish to draw to your attention to, two life threatening concerns for some of our students.
- Animals | We have in our school, students who are extremely allergic to animals.
- Nuts | A number of our students are deathly allergic to nuts, including peanuts. These children have been trained to avoid foods, which may have been contaminated, by peanut oils, peanut butter and nuts.
All parents can assist in this critical issue by:
- Helping your children understand the life threatening nature of allergies
- Avoiding the use of nuts and peanuts in foods and crafts sent to school
- Ensuring that trading or sharing of food does not occur
- Refraining from bringing pets into the school or onto school grounds
Calgary Regional Health has provided a school nurse who visits on a weekly basis or as needed.
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.