Lunchtime Attendance Line: 403-817-3440 x.1
It is important that you call the lunchtime program attendance line if your child is absent.
Lunchtime Hours & Supervision
Each student will have a mid-day lunch break. We anticipate the period will be between 35-40 minutes, which is enough time to eat and get some outdoor activity time. Specific expectations for students depends on which grade they are enrolled in, which is outlined below:
Grade 5 and 6
Lunch Supervision is only available to Grade 5 and 6 students. Students who go home for lunch would not participate in this program. Students who are enrolled in the lunch supervision program must remain on school grounds during the lunch hour (unless a parent has provided permission to leave). You can register and pay online with MyCBE / PowerSchool.
You can expect the following for your lunch supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds, unless written permission has been provided to the school by a parent/guardian.
- A dedicated space for eating.
- Only students that have registered and paid the lunch supervision fee can access the service meaning a student who is not enrolled in the lunch program is asked to return to school on time for the first class after the lunch period.
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for lunch supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Lunch supervision fees are directed to providing lunchroom supervisors.
What lunch service is not:
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair or an assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.
- Access to a microwave, hot water, dishes, utensils or other cooking facilities.
Drop-in Noon Supervision Fee: $5 a day - if your child is not registered to stay for lunch but wants to stay occasionally.
Grade 7 and Up
Students in Grade 7 and up are not required to enrol for noon supervision. Space and general staff supervision will be provided for students who remain on school grounds. Students are permitted to leave the school grounds to return home for lunch with parental permission, however the expectation is that they will return on time for afternoon classes.
We are working on setting up a lunch service option for students and families which we anticipate will be in place for the start of the school year. This will be a pay-for-service system, but we will ensure cost-effective solutions to families.
We are a “Nut Safe” school and we ask all students to bring only nut-free items to school. See Illness & Medical to learn more about allergy awareness.