It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-777-6420 ext. 1. See more on our Attendance page.
We try to ensure a peanut/nut safe environment, as we have several students and staff with severe allergies. Please keep this in mind while preparing student lunches/snacks. Be sure to look at your child's agenda regarding the Le Roi Daniels snack policy. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.
Parties and Playdates
Many parents chose to serve foods that are safe for everyone. Here are some ideas for substituting common food allergens. These may be helpful as you plan a get-together with children who are living with food allergies.
- Instead of milk, try an alternative such as soy or rice milk.
- Instead of peanut butter, try sunflower butter or a nut-free chocolate spread.
- Instead of wheat flour, try rice or tapioca flour.
Many great recipes can be found at www.eatingwithfoodallergies.co...
If your child requires medication to be taken and stored at the school, you must fill out and provide the CBE health forms on a yearly basis. This needs to be done at the same time as to the medication being brought into the office. You are responsible for ensuring the medication has not expired.
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.