Over the past two years, we have heard from parents and lunch supervisors that students do not have enough time to eat their lunch and are throwing LOTS of their lunch out! As done last year, we are asking for students to bring home everything that is brought to school for their snack and lunch. This will help you as parents to see what your child has eaten that day as well as support the City of Calgary Green Bin Program by allowing you as a family to sort through the recycling and composting items. Obviously we do not want to make a mess in your child’s lunch kit so we are asking for you to send either a reusable Tupperware container or ziplock bag for your child to put all their garbage/ recycling in and bring home. Thank you for helping our school and our environment.
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Please visit our Lunch Supervision page for information.
Our lunch break is from 11:45 AM – 12:25 PM.
Le Roi Daniels Fundraising Society is offering the Fun Lunch program again this year!
Proceeds from this, and other fundraisers, benefit all students at Le Roi Daniels and are used towards items such as water coolers for the portables, learning apps, and busses for field trips. Lunches can be ordered online through www.healthyhunger.ca.
Fun Lunch will be one Friday a month and students will eat before dismissal, should you wish to participate. We will alternate months between AM and PM kindergarten, so that each group will have an opportunity to take part.
Register, Add Children and View Dates
- Go to www.healthyhunger.ca
- Click “REGISTER STUDENT.” Create your account.
- You will be able to view upcoming Fun Lunches, place orders and then pay for your orders online with Visa, MasterCard, or Interac Debit.
Even if you had an account in the past, you will need to log in and set up an account under your new teacher (a profile for each student will be needed). All accounts are cleared every year. A Healthy Hunger account will also be needed to purchase tickets and concession for our movie night and family fun night later in the year, so even if you don’t plan on ordering lunches, it is still a good idea to to register.
Some things to note:
- You must register for an account to order fun lunch.
- Kindergarten parents, choose AM or PM and check the alternating Kindergarten schedule in the calendar.
- Email notifications will alert you to when the next Fun Lunch is available for ordering.
- Late orders will not be accepted – the order deadline is 5 business days before the Fun Lunch date.
- No extra lunches are available – if you have not ordered, send a lunch to school as usual.
- Homeroom teachers are not involved in the ordering process, do not contact them about Fun Lunch.
- If you need assistance placing an order, contact Healthy Hunger Tech Support at 1-800-818-6260.
Fun Lunch Dates
- Sep. 29 (AM Kindergarten)
- Oct. 27 (AM Kindergarten)
- Nov. 24 (PM Kindergarten)
- Dec. 21 (Thursday – No Kindergarten)
- Jan. 19 (PM Kindergarten)
- Feb. 23 (AM Kindergarten)
- Mar. 16 (PM Kindergarten)
- Apr. 27 (AM Kindergarten)
- May. 25 (PM Kindergarten)
- Jun. 22 (ALL Kindergarten– Sports Day)
Volunteers are required to make all of our events a success. Contact email@example.com to volunteer.
We try to ensure a peanut/nut safe environment. Learn more on our Illness & Medical page.