Absolutely no cell phones, personal electronic devices such as Fit Bits or Apple Watches, e-Readers and/or tablets are allowed during exams or testing situations. These devices must be turned off and placed in your back pack or not brought into the class at all during exams. This is in accordance with Alberta Education Diploma Rules and Regulations. Failure to comply – such as having a phone or personal electronic device on your person during an exam or quiz will invalidate your exam.
In our pursuit of integrity at LBP, teachers and students will acknowledge and respect the rights of creators. Credo: “We acknowledge the intellectual effort of an author, artist or photographer, just as we respect the ownership of the ideas of others during a test or exam.” Authentic learning occurs when students create and demonstrate their own knowledge.
Plagiarism, which is submitting or presenting the ideas or work of others as your own, is a serious academic offense and will be dealt with by the teacher and/or administration.
Failure to comply with the above will be treated as Academic Misconduct, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Cheating or helping others to cheat. Forms of cheating include the use of unauthorized materials such as:
- cheat sheets or notes and/or on-line sites for essays
- sharing answers
- communicating with others, but is not limited to whispering, passing notes, signaling, exchanging papers, texting answers, posting questions or answers on social media.
- Writing quizzes, tests or exams for others
- Using calculators inappropriately
- Use of text messaging on a cell phone
- Inappropriately accessing the internet or computer files
Academic misconduct is a serious offence. Penalties include, but are not limited to:
- Zero grade on worked involved
- Removal from course and loss of credits
- School suspension