Drop off & Pick up of Students
We would like to request that when picking up of dropping off students to LBHS, that parents/friends please use 90th Ave to park or another area which is not designated for buses. The staff parking lot has experienced too many "near misses".
Pick Up and Delivery of Students will NOT be permitted in the East Staff Parking Lot.
We also ask that you do not park between Fairmount Drive and the Staff Parking lot entrance as the City Transit uses this space, and that you do not park where the yellow buses park at the southwest corner of the school. Please do not encourage your child to j-walk to get into a vehicle across the street from the school. We know many people are picking up and dropping off students, so perhaps considering our “peak times” and working around those is the best plan.
Students Park in the West Parking Lot Only
The first row of the WEST lot (closest to school) is reserved for staff use only. The EAST parking lot is reserved for staff. There is no parking available on the north side of the building. All vehicles must display their parking permit on their rear-view mirror while on school property. Cars may be ticketed by Calgary Parking Authority if no permit is displayed.
Parking Regulations are in effect during normal school operating hours: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Expectations for behaviour and conduct of students who use or are found in the student parking are outlined below and on the Parking Permit.
- Vehicles must have a valid and current Parking Permit clearly visible at all times. Tags must be attached to the rear view mirror, placed on the front window or dash. The tag number must be visible.
- Vehicles without a valid, visible parking permit will be ticketed by Calgary Parking Authority and may be towed. Vehicles must be properly parked (perpendicular, one space per vehicle) in a parking stall.
- Students must park in the West parking lot only. The first row of the West lot (closest) to the school is reserved for staff parking only and is out of bounds for student parking.
- Visitor parking stalls on the West and East side of the school are out of bounds to students. All staff parking stalls on the east side of the school are out of bounds to students. If students park in these areas, vehicles will be ticketed by Calgary Parking Authority and may be towed.
- Safe, respectful and courteous driving habits are expected. Unsafe driving will result in suspension of parking privileges, loss of parking privileges and/or further disciplinary action.
- Students are not permitted to loiter or gather in the student parking lot, or in vehicles, or the adjacent hill between the school and the ARC during normal school operating hours. Students on spares will be asked to return inside the school or be asked to leave school property.
- Students who choose to be in their vehicle during the lunch break do so with the understanding that their actions and the actions of others found in their vehicle or associating with them, are the permit holder’s responsibility. Students found outside of vehicles will be required to leave the student parking lot.
- Student behavior (while in the student parking lot) which does not comply with the Lord Beaverbrook High School Code of Conduct, CBE Administrative Regulations or the expectations for students as outlined in the School Act of Alberta, may result in loss of parking privileges and further disciplinary action.
- Be courteous to others. Take action to keep the parking lot clean. Be respectful of residential noise by-laws. No loud music will be permitted.
PARKING PASSES 2020-2021
We are accepting Parking Pass Applications for the 2020-2021 school year ideally through online/email submission only as we are continually looking for ways to decrease the possibility of Covid-19 transmission. Applications can be found on under "Resources" on the right-hand side of this page.
- Complete all fields on the application.
- If under the age of 18, please ensure it is signed by a parent/guardian.
- Please scan and email to: email@example.com
Once application has been received, the parking fee will be entered on the student’s account. Payment must be received prior to or at the time of pick up. Online payments are preferred and can be made via the student’s account starting September 8, 2020 or Debit/Credit will be accepted in the Business Office.
Note: Cash will not be accepted at this time.
All parking lots will be monitored for parking passes beginning September 21st.