​​Every student who is new to the CBE needs to register at their designated school. Everyone has a designated school based on their home address and the program they choose. You can find your designated school by using our Find a School tool.

To register during a health emergency:

  1. Print and complete the Student Registration Form - Dependent Student including signatures, and scan or photograph a copy of the form and save it as a PDF. This must be done by the parent/legal guardian of the student. Independent students, please use the Student Registration Form - Independent Student.
    If you do not have access to a printer, complete the form (without signatures) and attach it as a PDF to an email with one of these statements:
    • “I declare that I am of the Roman Catholic Faith” or “I declare that I am not of the Roman Catholic Faith”, and
    • “I hereby represent that I have the legal authority to register the person named on the attached registration form. I declare the information that I have provided on this form is complete and accurate. I will immediately notify the school of any changes to the information on this form.”
  2. Scan a copy or take a photo of the student proof of age and legal name document (e.g., birth certificate, passport, court document).
  3. Email the school and attach the registration form and the proof of age and legal name document.
    Use our find a school tool to determine your designated school.
    To find the email address of a school:
    • Find the school in the school directory;
    • Click on the school name; and
    • copy the email address.
  4. The school will conditionally register the student providing the address is within the school’s designated boundaries and the student is age appropriate for the school.
    Once the health emergency is over, the school will email the parent / legal guardian who completed the form and ask that they bring the following documents to the school for verification purposes during the school office hours:
    • proof of address document with the parent’s / legal guardian’s / independent student’s name (e.g., utility bill, bank statement, income tax statement, federal correspondence, property tax assessment)
    • original of proof of age and legal name document which the school will compare to the emailed document
    • photo ID of the person who completed the form to verify their identity.

If you have questions, please contact the school you are registering at directly.

To confirm school attendance areas or program offerings or for more information about registration, please contact us directly.

You can find detailed information about high school planning, courses, completion and more on the CBE High School Success page.

New to the CBE

Registration Process During a Health Emergency

To register new students during the COVID-19 pandemic follow the steps outlined in Registration on the Calgary Board of Education website. Look on the Kindergarten to Grade 9 or High School Registration pages.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process: please see our Non-Canadian Students page for details.​

​Out-of-Boundary Students

If you would like to transfer from one CBE school to another, please refer to the instructions in the request to transfer form.

When you are transitioning from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school (according to your home address and program).​​​​

How to Regi​ster for the Arts-Centred Learning Program

  • Registration for 2020-21 begins January 2020
  • Refer to designated school’s website for parent information session. Attend parent information session and/or view informational presentation.
  • Complete registration package and take to requested school.
  • Packages will be accepted starting Jan. 20, 2020.
  • Packages must be received by Feb. 11, 2020 at noon.

Please take your completed registration package to your requested school after you have attended the parent information session. Please refer to this school’s website for parent information session details.

For families that are new to the CBE and not Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the Kingsland Reception Centre for an initial assessment prior to registering for an Alternative Program.

Students New to ​CBE​

Students currently ​enrolled with CBE


How to Register

Frequently Asked Questions

Students Wishing to Transfer to Lord Beaverbrook High School 

What reasons are considered as a request to transfer to Lord Beaverbrook High School? 
Decisions regarding acceptance of outside of designated attendance area students, will be based on the following: 

  • Educational programming not available at designated school  
  • Siblings who wish to remain together 

Generally, the following will only be considered in exceptional circumstances only should space and resources be available 

  • Peer group support
  • Transportation 

Transfer requests will not be granted based on Athletic programs. 

How do I request a transfer to Lord Beaverbrook High School? 
Students must choose courses and register at their designated school first. Then students can begin the process referred to below. 

What paperwork do I complete to request a transfer? 
There is a Student Registration Checklist (available in the Student Services Office) that lists all the necessary documentation and paperwork required when requesting to transfer to Lord Beaverbrook High School. 
When do I submit my application? 
Registration packages may be picked up any time after Feb. 8, 2019. All required forms and paperwork must be submitted to the Guidance/Learning Services Office by Friday, March 15, 2019. 
What happens once I submit my application? 
The Administration at Lord Beaverbrook High School will review your application package and may request a meeting to discuss your application. Letters confirming acceptance or denial of your application will be mailed to you prior to April 30, 2019. Phone calls will be made to those who are accepted for purposes of completing school registration and course selection. 

Once I’ve been accepted at Lord Beaverbrook High School, what happens next? 
If you are a current CBE student: your transfer form will be signed by the Principal of Lord Beaverbrook High School and faxed back to your designated high school. Your designated high school will then cancel your program which then allows us to register you in our system. 
If you are a student from outside the CBE: (i.e. Catholic, Charter, Private), you should notify the school which you will not be attending that you are transferring to Lord Beaverbrook High School. It is your responsibility to provide us with your final report card in June or your registration will be considered incomplete. 
If my request to transfer to Lord Beaverbrook High School is denied, can I appeal it? 
Yes. The process for appeal of the decision of the Principal will be outlined in the letter sent home to parents or guardians.

Last modified on

RT @EdMattersYYC: Team Gio and @italianctrYYC are supporting food security programs for our students through sales of a holiday gift box! Delicious ingredients for you and your loved ones plus the added benefit of feeding students in need. Get yours soon before they're gone! https://t.co/RU71VX6tGr

Friday, Nov 20 is a system-wide non-instructional day so there are no classes for CBE students. Have a safe long weekend and please continue to follow all public health measures #WeAreCBE https://t.co/0RwiQnUZmW

Check out these moving stories from students about their experiences coming to Canada #WeAreCBE https://t.co/tWFEtocenR

Things may look different but what hasn’t changed is our commitment to our students! Thank you to all of our teachers and families for adapting so these important conversations can continue. #WeAreCBE https://t.co/mgH4xp8VyR

We're looking for on-call casual lunch supervisors to supervise students during indoor and outdoor lunch break activities. Apply today at https://t.co/o4fDm6ixtc and enjoy flexibility, opportunities & a great work environment! #yycbe #WeAreCBE https://t.co/SaMsctmvlZ