The state of the art commercial kitchen at Lord Beaverbrook HS is designed to be an experiential learning classroom. We strive to motivate students in all aspects of the culinary arts - the production, processing, consumption and marketing of healthy food. We hope that students leave this program with:
- A sense of ownership and accomplishment.
- An understanding of how food is produced and prepared.
- A willingness to try new foods. Life skills, including cooperative work, respect for self and others, active listening and the ability to make healthy food choices.
- The ability to work in a variety of vocations as their skills will transfer.
- A choice to continue their education at SAIT (full time or apprenticeship program), directly pursue a career in the food industry as a Chef or Chef/Owner, design menu plans, become educators.