Graduation Update - 2021
- Meet the Alberta Education requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Achievement
- Be a student in good standing according to the school’s code of conduct
- Pay the required graduation fee
- Individual cases will be considered on their own merits
On March 13th the first draft of the LBHS 2021 Graduation List will be published and displayed by student number in front of the Library doors.
If you were expecting to see your number on the list to graduate but it does not appear, see your guidance counsellor as soon as possible. The FINAL graduation list will be displayed on the first week in May, in the same location.
Students not meeting expectations for participation in the graduation ceremony will be permitted to attend the graduation banquet at the discretion of the Administration.
Grad 2021 Update.
Dear Grade 12 Students, Parents and Guardians,
As we prepare to enter the second semester of this school year, I want to provide an update regarding Graduation 2021. At this time, we are not planning traditional graduations that involve large public gatherings.
As a result, senior high school principals have considered a number of options to mark this important achievement. For all high schools in the CBE, the following decisions have been made about Graduation 2021:
- There will be no formal banquets or dances
- Any ceremonies will take place in our own schools
- Details will be worked out over the coming months. Any activities will follow all Government of Alberta, AHS and CBE health and safety guidelines that may be in place at that time.
It is disappointing that once again, we are unable to provide a more typical graduation experience. Please know that we are immensely proud of your accomplishments and the grit you have demonstrated in graduating under such challenging circumstances.
Please know our Graduation Committee is already developing plans to honour our exceptional students to the best of our ability. We plan to host and celebrate our Class of 2021 here at Lord Beaverbrook High School in gowns and stoles and hopefully in the presence of a limited number of loved ones (consistent with the application guidelines in place at the time) so that we can honour them appropriately as they “cross the stage”.
To that end, Grade 12 students will be assigned a $40 Graduation fee in PowerSchool that will cover the costs of cleaning the graduation gown and stole, LBHS graduation program, a certificate with cover, Life Touch photograph and graduation décor in school.
As soon as we have additional details about graduation 2021, we will share them with all students and families.
Darrin Whitbread, Principal