Graduation Update - June 2020
Hello Lords! The time has finally come to reveal to you what LBHS is able to do for Grad 2020. As you know, we will be releasing a Graduation Video on D2L on June 19th. More information about times will follow in the coming days. Also, earlier today, Ms. Konschuh sent out an email to you and your family about times next week for you to come to the school to drop off your textbooks/instruments and to also pick up your yearbook, locker contents and, of course, your Graduation certificate and program. We are also able to offer graduates a chance to put on your graduation gown and stole, and to have a QUICK photo opportunity wearing your gown with your immediate family outside of the school.
Here’s how all this will work:
- Stop 1: Grade 12 students who are on the Grad List will park in the student parking lot and come to the four glass doors on 90th Ave. and sign out their gown from staff (middle entrance). Please ask your family to wait for you in the parking lot.
- Stop 2: Students may return to their families, put on their gowns and stoles and take photos (on your own devices) in an outside location on school property. A map of the school grounds will be provided, directing you to more scenic locations on campus.
- Remember: Only immediate family may attend and must maintain social distancing standards from staff, volunteers and other LBHS grads and their families while taking pictures on the property.
- Stop 3: Return gown and stole to the East doors (near Culinary Arts) along 90th Ave. and pick up your Graduation Package (includes your Graduation Certificate and Graduation Programme for the June 19th Graduation Video)
- Gowns must be returned immediately after photos have been taken and cannot be removed from LBHS property.
- Stop 4: Students head to the main entrance to return textbooks, Chromebooks, instruments, and to pick up locker items, yearbooks, and school fees refunds where applicable. Students will not enter the building and will maintain social distancing requirements, while staff assist them by collecting items and delivering items to them as they wait.
In order to ensure social distancing, please follow these guidelines:
We ask that:
- You arrive during your assigned time slot. All of this process will be done with the students remaining outside of the building, and paying attention to strict social distancing guidelines, and we must ensure that the size limit of gatherings stays below the province’s recommendation.
- Everyone coming to the building ensure they are healthy and do not have any symptoms of Covid-19
- Students come to the door by themselves and only allow immediate family members to wait at a location away from the entrances on 90th Avenue and at the Main entrance.
- Students return all textbooks/instruments assigned to them on this date and time to ensure that they are not billed for outstanding items. If you are returning items to the school, please ensure that the items have been wiped down prior to returning them to the school.
Grade 12 Schedule - June 15, 16, and 17
|Time Slot||Monday, June 15|
|Tuesday, June 16
|Wed. June 17|
Last Name Beginning
|9:00 – 10:00 a.m.||A – Bar (14)||Goe - Hlu (14)||Nie - Pie (14)|
|10:00 – 11:00 a.m. ||Bay – Bua (14)||Hod - Kel (14)||Pin - Rak (14)|
| 11:00 – 12:00 p.m.||Bur -Che (15)||Kid - Lan (13)||Ref - San (15)|
|12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||Cla - Dan (12)||Lar – Lov (14)||Sau - Ste (14)|
|1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||Dav – Ein (14)||Lud - McC (14)||Sto - Tho (14)|
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Ell – Fro (14)||McD – Mon (14)||Thu - Wad (13)|
|3:00 – 4:00 p.m.||Gab – God (14)||Moo – Ngu (14)||Wag - Zhu (13)|
If you have any questions about the above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation 2020 Ceremony and Banquet
This is cancelled due to Covid-19 pandemic.
We encourage the Class of 2020 to please stay tuned for "Graduation Tribute" information.
All information below is NO LONGER VALID
Click on "Graduation 2020 Information Package" and/or "Graduation 2020 Student Brochure" under RESOURCES on right side of screen to access the all the relevant details and information.
Grad List Information
Click on "2020 Graduation List Information" under RESOURCES on the right side of screen to access information on how students/parents ensure they are included on the list of graduands.
Buy your LBHS Graduation Banquet and Historian and Dance Only tickets here:
Grad Banquet Tickets
- Photo sitting at Lord Beaverbrook High School
- Graduation Sittings Starting: December 17, 2019
- Online Booking Site Now Open
- To book your appointment visit: lifetouch.ca/southernalberta
- To be included in the LBHS Yearbook, all photos must be completed on or before Feb. 15th, 2020.
Graduation Yearbook Quotations
- Go to Grad Quotes 2020 Form
- Submit your quotation (please cite who said it!)
- To be included in the LBHS Yearbook, quotes must be submitted by Feb. 12th, 2020.
Participation in Grad Ceremonies
- Meet the Alberta Education requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Achievement
- Be a student in good standing according to the school’s code of conduct
- Pay the required graduation fee
- Individual cases will be considered on their own merits
On March 18th the first draft of the LBHS 2020 Graduation List will be published and displayed by student number in front of the Library doors.
If you were expecting to see your number on the list to graduate but it does not appear, see your guidance counsellor as soon as possible. The FINAL graduation list will be displayed on Friday May 1st in the same location.
Students not meeting expectations for participation in the graduation ceremony will be permitted to attend the graduation banquet at the discretion of Administration.