At Lord Beaverbrook, the Arts-Centered Learning program focuses on learning in and through the arts in the core subjects areas of English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. The emphasis is using the arts as a means of understanding the concepts in the core curriculum.
Are You an Arts-Centered Learning (ACL) Student?
The Arts-Centred Learning Program at Beaverbrook is looking for students for the next school year:
- Students who demonstrate a particular talent or passion for one or more areas in the fine and preforming arts
- Students who have strong academic skills and desire to make their high school education well rounded through participation in an arts based learning community
Register for Arts-Centered Learning at Lord Beaverbrook High School
To register for ACL at Lord Beaverbrook High School, visit the CBE Arts-Centered Learning page.
Does This Describe You?
- an interest in and passion for the arts
- initiative, imagination and ingenuity when engaging in a variety of creative processes to develop and explore ideas
- the ability to thrive in a fast-paced rigorous program that extends beyond the basic curricular expectation
- a willingness to take advantage of multiple learning opportunities offered through the arts
- characteristics that honour and respect the creativity of peers
- motivation and independence
- the ability to work well in a variety of situations; collaboratively and independently
Art-Centered Learning (ACL) is no longer offered at the Grade 10 level. For the 2022-2023 school year, ACL courses are available at the Grade 11 and Grade 12 level. For the 2023-2024 school year, ACL courses will be available at the Grade 12 level only. Unfortunately, after June 2024, ACL will no longer be available at any CBE High School.