Louise Dean School Digital Citizenship Plan
This plan is one component of the CBE Digital Citizenship Process. Schools must complete this plan:
The plan is meant to guide the school’s work in these areas. It will be a component of the Staff Handbook that will be reviewed annually.
Louise Dean Admirable Use Policy
At Louise Dean School we will ensure the safety of all students by following the three principles of respect when working with educational technology. This will ensure that we are using digital information and technology resources in a responsible way:
1. Respect Yourself
- Keep your CBE account passwords and other personal information private.
- Tell your teacher if something on an electronic device makes you feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- Caring for a personally owned device is the responsibility of the owner.
2. Respect Others
- Use appropriate language and communicate respectfully at all times.
- Respect the property and the creative work of others.
- Respect the rights of other people and ask for permission to record or post anything about them.
- Protect and respect the personal information of others.
- Use your time wisely when using technology during learning time.
3. Respect this Place
- Leave all school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- In the school environment, use educational technology that supports learning and do so in consultation with your teacher.
- Report any problems with technology equipment as soon as you seen them.
Violation of the Calgary Board of Education and Louise Dean School Policy
If you do not follow this policy it may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Letter home
- Restriction or loss of computer privileges; and/or
- School based disciplinary consequences