Attendance Line: 403-817-3448 ext: 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-817-3448.
- We ask that parents call the phone number above to advise of all student absences. Parents are required by legislation to advise the school of the reason for absence.
- The school uses an electronic messaging system called School Messenger to leave an automated phone / email / text message in the morning advising parents of an unaccounted / unexcused absence. We would appreciate a reply at your earliest convenience explaining the absence.
- If sending someone else to pick up your child(ren), do let us know in writing.
- Only approved adults will be permitted to pick up students and/or sign them out at the main office.
- When children are ill, we ask that you keep them home.
- Please review the COVID-19 Guidelines for illness and daily self-assessment document provided by AHS.
- It is imperative that the school be made aware of custody arrangements and that legal documentation be provided to support parental situations and requests.
Leaving School During Instructional Hours
- Students in Grades K-4 must not leave school premises at any time without written parental permission and must have a parent sign them out through the main office.
- Students in Grades 1–4 must not leave school premises during school hours if they have paid for lunchroom supervision.
- Students in Grades 1-4 who do not pay for lunchroom supervision must go home or be under adult supervision. Stop at the school office to sign them out.
- Students in Grade 1-4 who are staying for drop in lunchroom must have a note from their parent and check in with lunchroom supervisors for attendance.
- Students need a parental note or phone call to be released for appointments. Remember to make these arrangements through the front office and then check the student out through the office.
- No students are permitted to leave the school during Friday Nutrition Break.