Mahogany School offers a four-day (Monday – Thursday) noon supervision program for students in Grades 1-4 from 11:50am-12:28pm. Students bring their own lunches and are supervised both while they eat lunch and while they play outside. No microwave or hot water services are available. Registration and fee payment for this program is required. Noon Supervision begins on the first day of school. Students eat lunch in their classrooms supervised by Lunchroom staff. Our lunch block is split in two; Grade 1 and 2 students eat lunch while our Grade 3 and 4 students go outside first for lunch recess, then we switch and Grade 1 and 2 students go out to play while Grade 3 and 4 students come inside to eat.
*Students attending Choir will go to the Music Room to sing first then head to their classrooms to eat for the second part of lunch.
Registrations are submitted online using MyCBE.
What to Bring for Lunch
Students in the lunch program need to bring a lunch from home as there is no cafeteria or food service at the school. We encourage the use of a thermos for hot lunches as we are unable to provide microwaves and/or hot water due to safety and logistics. Please ensure you include any cutlery your child may need (spoon, fork, etc.). Please also send your child with a drink, alternately they can fill their water bottles at our water bottle filling stations. There are many healthy lunch options for students, for lunch ideas, check out these links from AHS: 'Back to School Lunch Ideas' and 'what to pack for lunch' .
Welcome to the Lunchroom
Just a few reminders for parents whose children are attending the lunch program at our school. Please review these points with your children, as it will ensure that our program continues to run smoothly and efficiently and that it is a civilized and enjoyable place to eat.
- Your child’s name should be written on any lunch containers, we continue to have a large supply of lunch bags and containers in our lost and found.
- Hands should be washed in the washroom on the way to lunch.
- Encourage your child to eat his/her own lunch only. They are not to trade or share food with the other students.
- We do not use microwave ovens.
- Talk with your child about what they would like in the lunch and ensure appropriate utensils are included. Any food that your child has not eaten will be sent back home in their lunch bags.
- Explain to your child how it is their responsibility to clean up by putting wrappers and scraps of food into the garbage cans provided.
- Lunch Supervisors are to be treated with respect, like they would their teachers. The rules that are enforced in the lunch program are for the safety and consideration of everyone.
- Please advise the school if they will be absent from the lunchroom. This will avoid supervisors searching for them and then having to call home.
Allergy Awareness - We are a Nut Aware School!
Mahogany School strives to be a Nut Aware school as we do have many students with severe allergies to nuts such as peanuts and other types of nuts in the building. Please do not send any food products that may contain nuts (e.g. peanut butter or Nutella sandwiches, cookies, etc.). Please check and read all package ingredients before sending something with your child to school. We appreciate your support of our student safety when packing lunch.