Responsibilities/Expectations of Students
Manmeet Singh Bhullar School Student Purpose Statement:
I come to Manmeet Singh Bhullar School to learn.
It is my right and responsibility to learn.
As a good citizen, I support my own learning and the learning of others:
- In the classroom
- On the playground
- In the lunchroom
- On the bus
This is my purpose.
With our central purpose in mind, the following lists the expectations that are created to promote student growth and success:
- Complete assignments and follow school and classroom routines. (Read Daily)
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time.
- Respectfully enter and exit the school through assigned doors.
- Remove outdoor shoes when entering the building.
- Remove hats and hoodies when indoors.
- Walk bicycles across school property and lock them securely in bike racks.
- With learning in mind students are encouraged towards creative play at school and ask that toys not supporting learning remain at home. This includes electronic devices, collector cards and hazardous play equipment such as skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, baseballs or bats.
- We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. Cell phones and other items may not be used to record voice, video, or photos and must be turned off during school hours.
- No items are allowed at the school that could be used as a threat or a weapon.
- The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Obtain permission from a staff member to enter the school before bell times.
- Obtain permission from a staff member to use the telephone.
- Meet at a pre-arranged meeting place outside the school.
- Go directly home once dismissed.
Please see the CBE website for information regarding digital citizenship and the use of personal owned devices. We will present our own personalized Digital Citizenship Plan in the future.