We will work with the children to help them be aware of safety rules and we are asking you to do the same. Please model safety over convenience.
- Teach your children to cross with the patrols.
- Instruct your child to get out of the car on the side that is closest to the sidewalk.
- Do not make U-turns (this is illegal and unsafe)
- Do not stop or park in the bus zone.
Parking in the staff lot near the school is reserved for school staff and CBE employees only. Students are not allowed in the parking lot and this area is not a drop off area. Parents are also reminded that they are not to park close to the crosswalk (must be 5m from crosswalk) or double park in front of the school.
Children may ride their bikes to school. Students are expected to:
- Walk their bikes when on school grounds
- Wear a bike helmet at all times
- Bring a lock to safely secure the bike
- Follow all bicycle safety rules
- Store all bikes in bike rack area
Please note: The bike racks are out of bounds during school hours. The school cannot take responsibility for the security of bicycles.
Our school offers a School Safety Patrol at the following times. (Start date to be determined).
- Before School Patrols at 7:45 AM – 8:00 AM
- Lunch Patrol Time (will be determined)
- After School Patrols at 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM
All students and parents are expected to cross using the crosswalk and to abide by the patrollers. At times, there will be no patrols due to severe weather situations.