Last modified on
Student Acceptable Use for Policy for Technology
- I will use our school technologies and network in a safe manner.
- I will treat our school technologies (laptops, computers, iPads, cameras, printers,software etc.) with respect and care.
- I will remember that how I use technology can affect others.
- I will tell my parents/guardians or teachers right away if I come discover anything that is inappropriate.
- I will follow the school rules for appropriate use of technology.
- I will use our school technologies and network to support my learning.
- I will use our school technologies to show my learning to others in safe and responsible ways.
- I will use our school technologies and network to work with others in positive ways.
- I will ensure that my passwords are kept private and are not shared.
- I will help others to learn about technology.
- I know that if I decide to not demonstrate good digital citizenship then the following may occur:
- restriction or loss of computer privileges; and/or
- school based disciplinary consequences
Digital Citizenship at the CBE
Digital citizenship is about using technology and participating in digital environments. It is key to helping our students learn to use available technology responsibly in the classroom and beyond. Our school has a Digital Citizenship Plan that is updated annually, addressing how we work to build a community where we live and work together as digital citizens.
Visit the CBE website to learn more on how we support students develop online safety skills and learn to be good digital citizens.