Parent Society meetings are open to all parents and guardians of children enrolled at Maple Ridge School. These meetings typically follow our Maple Ridge School Council Meetings and are held on:
- September 14, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- November 30, 2023
- January 18, 2024 - Annual General Meeting
- February 22, 2024
- April 18, 2024
- May 23, 2024
school Parent Society is known as the Maple Ridge Parent Association.
Parent Association Elected Members:
- Chair - Nicole S.A.
- Vice Chair - Jennifer L.
- Treasurer(s): Jenn P. & Robert W.
- Secretary - Beverly B.
- Casino Coordinator -Cara P.
- Fundraising Coordinator - Katherine L.
- Fun Lunch Coordinator - Kelsey W.
- Special Events Coordinator - Beverly B.
- Social Media Coordinator - vacant
The major focus of our Parent Association is to help raise funds that support curriculum-enriching activities, services and materials for the students at Maple Ridge School. We do this by running fundraisers like cookie dough and healthy hunger as well as a Casino every 18 months.
As a parent or guardian of a student attending Maple Ridge School you are automatically considered a member of the parent association and have voting rights at meetings. We greatly encourage you to attend these monthly meetings as we make many important financial decisions regarding school-based initiatives. Parent Association meetings are held virtually and are immediately after school council meetings.
Funds raised through the Parent Association have been used to support:
· Mobile Smart Boards
· Storage/charging cart for tablets
· Future residency programs (examples - art, theater)
· Yearly allowance per teacher for classroom supplies
· Funds to cover cost of upcoming Science Olympics
· 3D printer
· Coding kits
· Online music resources
· Library resources
· Home reading books
· Bussing for future field trips
· Staff appreciation gifts
· And much, much more
If you have any suggestions for fundraising activities, would like to partner with us, or are interested in helping out, we’d love to hear from you. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We greatly appreciate your support!
Contact the Parent Society