Marion Carson School Family Contract for Digital Citizenship
1. I will treat others the way that I wish to be treated when using technology. I will keep in mind that my technology use affects others.
2. I will remember that not all people have access to or use technology in the same way. I will not treat others differently if they do not have the same options.
3. I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
4. I understand that I am allowed to bring personal devices (iPod, cell phone, etc.) to school but that I am not required to do so. If I choose to bring personal devices to school, I will:
- Use them for educational purposes to support my learning. I understand that personal digital devices are not to be used for entertainment at recess or lunch.
- Make sure I know how to operate the device before bringing it to school. I understand that the school cannot provide technical support for students’ personal devices.
- Keep my personal device in a safe place at school and I understand that the school is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to my personal device.
5. I will tell my parents or a responsible adult right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable. I understand that to have technology rights that I must be responsible in my actions as well.
6. I will tell my parents or a responsible adult if I experience any pain or discomfort when using technology. I will remember that I need to balance technology use with other activities.
7. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message that is not appropriate. If I do I will tell my parents or responsible adult right away so that they can help me.
8. I will treat digital tools (computers, iPods, cameras, etc.) with respect and care and will let a responsible adult know immediately if something is not working properly.
9. I will check with a responsible adult before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our digital device or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
10. I will help my family understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.