Attendance Line: 403-817-3528 ext. 1
It is important that you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at the number above if your child is absent or arriving late. See more on our Attendance page.
Students who are ill should ask the teacher’s permission to report to the office. In the office, parents/guardians will be contacted regarding permission to go home. Please ensure that the school is provided with current phone numbers for just such a case. Please note that school personnel are not permitted to provide students with any type of medication.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents and Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.
Nut allergies are present in our school as are other food allergies. Teachers are well informed about the needs of students in their classrooms. Please check with them before sending anything for the class to the school.
Please know, we are an,”allergy aware” school. Keeping students and staff from a variety of allergens is a shared responsibility of students, staff and parents.
Students, taking into account their individual abilities are responsible for developing skills at managing their personal allergy awareness. This is often accomplished by simply not sharing foods with others and asking, “Does this contain _____________?”