Season of Play: Apr. 6 - June 10, 2022
Coaches | Practice Locations | Practices Times
*All tryouts will occur during the practice times indicated below. Tryouts begin the week of ___ and are open to students in Grades 7 to 9.
- Primary Date - TBD
- Alternate Date - TBD
All athletes interested in competing must sign up with their event coach for each event they wish to try out for (example, Joe would like to do shot put and the 100m, he must go to a shot put practice and sign up and a sprint practice and sign up with each coach). If you are unable to attend practices you must find the coach of the event you would like to try out for and discuss your situation with them.
Division Meet Team Selection
For the Division Meet Marshall Springs is allowed to enter 3 students per age group, per event, per gender, plus a substitute competitor. The team will be determined April TBD.
We are all looking forward to a wonderful season. Please come prepared for the weather, either hot or cold with appropriate clothing and a water bottle (we really hope no gloves and scarves will be required, but they should be ready to go!)
There is an Acknowledgment of Risk form to allow students to attend the Divisional Track and Field Meet and will be handed out to the selected team members with a parent letter.
We need adult volunteers for our divisional track meet on TBD (or Alternate TBD). The meet will run approximately TBD am through TBD pm and Marshall Springs must fill TBD jobs (with teachers and parents) in order for the track meet to run. Jobs can be split AM and PM to accommodate volunteers. If your parents or other adults you know are interested please have them contact Elisha O'Lain at email@example.com as soon as possible as they must have a volunteer clearance done by the CBE.
School Team Entries
- 3 plus a sub per event
- 3 events plus a relay maximum per student
- Relay A and B
- Junior Varsity: 11 as of Dec. 31 of last year (turning 12 in the current year) or younger (must be in Grade 6)
- Junior: 12 as of Dec. 31 of last year (turning 13 in the current year)
- Intermediate: 13 as of Dec. 31 of last year (turning 14 in the current year)
- Senior: 14 or older as of Dec. 31 of last year (turning 15 in the current year) or older.
- 1,000m (Except Junior Varsity)
- 2,000m (Except Junior Varsity) (1 per age class)
- 4x100m Relay
- 60m Hurdles (Except Junior Varsity)
- Long Jump
- High Jump
- Shot Put
- Exhibition Shot Put and 100m Dash (special and paralympic events only)
Please feel free to contact Elisha O’Lain firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.