McKenzie Towne School Expectation Policy
The purpose of our expectation policy is to develop a common understanding among school staff, parents and students. The intent of any action taken is to learn from our mistakes. An atmosphere of cooperation, collaboration and understanding between all parties is the most productive way of making this learning effective.
A consistent approach to behavior by school staff, students, and parents has resulted in students knowing, and following,
expectations at McKenzie Towne School.
Everyone Does Their Part
The teacher establishes clear expectations, models appropriate behavior and attitudes, reinforces correct behavior, and is alert to the student who needs assistance. The student is aware, understands and follows expectations to help maintain a safe and appropriate learning environment. Students model appropriate behavior for others in the school. The parent supports, cooperates, provides input and models behavior and attitudes conducive to their child’s learning.
- The bell means that school has started. Students are required to enter the building promptly. Teachers are in charge of student entry.
- Students who are reported absent by the homeroom teacher and then arrive late are asked to check in at the office for a late slip.
- Students are to use trashcans located by the playground and at the doorways.
- Students are to use the creative playground in a reasonable manner (supervisor’s discretion). The climbing of the backstops, gates, electric box, etc. is not allowed. Students are to remain visible to the supervisors.
- Students must remain on the playground during recess.
- Parking lot and front lawn are off limits.
- Snow and rocks are to remain on the ground.
- Students should leave hardballs, lacrosse
sticks and hockey sticks at home.
- Students are expected to attend regularly
- Students are expected to be clean and tidy
in personal care and be appropriately
dressed i.e. no offensively worded or
illustrated T-shirts, cropped tops, halter
tops, spaghetti strapped shirts or bare mid
drifts shirts are to be worn. Hats are not to
be worn in the school.
- Students being picked up during school
hours are to be met at the office and
signed out by the adult.
- Walking and other sensible inside conduct
is required in the hallways. When moving
between classes, students will move in a
quiet orderly manner down the
appropriate side of the hallway.
- Students are encouraged to use
washrooms and fountains prior to the
dismissal bell at recess.
- Activities cease when announcements are
being made on the intercom.
- Classrooms and cloakrooms should be left
in a neat condition.