As Digital and Technological Fluency is one of the competencies in Alberta Education’s Framework for Learning, technology is integrated into daily learning activities. Following are some facts related to technology use at MTS:
- Teachers are required to actively supervise students when they are online.
- Students of all age levels are taught to be aware of moral and ethical issues around internet use.
- CBE uses filtering technology to block access to inappropriate websites. However, filtering software is never perfect and does not replace an adult as the supervisor of Internet use.
- Students are encouraged by teacher to bring internet capable devices from home at times throughout the year.
- All students at MTS sign a contract for responsible use of technology.
Keep Children Safe Online
- Supervise! Supervise! Supervise! Children under 12 should not be surfing the internet alone. Keep internet-connected computers out of kids’ rooms and in a highly visible area. Use “History” to know which websites your children have visited.
- Learn about the online environments your children are using. Ask your children to teach you everything they know (and they know a lot!).
- Create guidelines your children can follow.
Cell Phone Use at School
Students have access to the telephone at school for all emergencies. We value student learning time and avoid interrupting student learning during school time. We encourage students to leave their cell phones at home while they are at school. If it is necessary for a student to have a cell phone at school, it is expected that the phone remain in the student’s backpack and turned off during school hours.
CBE cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.